Sign in to follow this  
Guest soberon

Airplanes Do Not Appear In Interface

Guest soberon

What can be the reason that you cannot choose an airplane because it isn't shown in the interface, although it is in the directory airplane?

What can be the reason that you cannot choose an airplane because it isn't shown in the interface, although it is in the directory airplane?
That usually suggests the aircraft is intended to be used as an AI aircraft only.If that is the case, the .air file has line 105 in it set to a value of 2. Using the utility named AirEd, you can edit that value and changing it to a value of 0 will allow the plane to display on your aircraft menu.There could be other reason for it not to display but that is the most common.The AirEd utility is available for download at most sites.If you downloaded and installed an aircraft and are having this problem, please provide the complete filename and where you got it so one of us can see if we can duplicate what you describe.Hope that helps.

There is also the possibility that if this is an aircraft that you added or modified, that there is an error somewhere in the folder, often in the panel.cfg file. Check and make certain that everything in that aircraft's folder looks correct.

Guest Sterk

Opa,there is much easier way to edit aircraft visibility in menu.The small utility,named BBQ Hide AI will do it automatically for any number of aicraft at once.Very useful for hiding AI aircraft,removing it from FS menu.

Opa,there is much easier way to edit aircraft visibility in menu.The small utility,named BBQ Hide AI will do it automatically for any number of aicraft at once.Very useful for hiding AI aircraft,removing it from FS menu.
Yes I am aware of that program and have used it on several occasions.I did not mention it as I thougjht it best to try to find out what the OP had done first. If it is a case of only one or two aircraft air files needing to be changed the AirEd program would, in my opinion, be much quicker.I am hoping the OP will respond with further details.

Hello, in addition to what has been said, I experienced this when I changed the anti-aliasing setting in the graphic card setup menu, just a shot in the dark.

Guest soberon

the air file shows only lines beginning at 341 elevators. does this say anything to you?

the air file shows only lines beginning at 341 elevators. does this say anything to you?
How about providing the name of the file you downloaded and installed which has an air file starting at 341?I sure would like to see that .air file (not to be confused with the aircraft.cfg file).Line 105 is normally fairly close to the top of the dialogue screen displayed if using the AirEd program.

PLZ DONOT POST A .CFG!!!It is a mistake, usually by the "repainters" instructions.......If a title is named eaxactly the same then....There can be...... No more than 1 title exactly the same as another in the aircraft.cfgexamples.

[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 737-400_Broken_VALVE STEM Ex. another aircraft  [fltsim.1]title=Boeing 737-400_Broken_VALVE STEM

In the above example the title is exactly the same, FS only reads the 1st one.

[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 737-400_Broken_VALVE_STEMEx. another aircraft  [fltsim.1]title=Boeing 737-400_Broken_VALVE_STEM_ONLY_ON_THE_ LEFT_SIDE_OUTER_REAR 

In the above example the title is NOT the same, FS can distinguish the difference.If there is a difference in the the title the UI will show something. ( barring other .cfg probs )This comes into play majorly with multiplayer / VATSIM or another entity. Your plane "must" match the exact title of the other to show it's identity.Da Packers suck.Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap