Sign in to follow this  
Eamonn Watson

Fs9 Vs Fsx

Hey guysWho uses which Flightsim? I find the Avanti and the P51 only work in FS9. I dunno what other aircraft work well in FSX.. Thoughts?

spacer.png

I am still with FS 9. So far I have stuck with it out of financial reasons. I have spent a fair amount of money for add ons and with my recent graphics card, it looks nice. For me the upgrade to X is not quite worth it for what I do and I am still unsure of the performance of FSX.

Hey guysWho uses which Flightsim? I find the Avanti and the P51 only work in FS9. I dunno what other aircraft work well in FSX.. Thoughts?

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Well, I use FSX. I think it's possible to get the P-51 to work in FSX, I just don't remember how. I have the WWII Fighters pack, which installs directly into FSX, and from what I read on the A2ASimulation's (or whatever they're called now :() forum, there is an updated version of the P-51D in that pack coming, which solves some of the bugs it has with FSX SP2. There are already updates for some of the other planes in the pack.There is a freeware Avanti for FSX, I have it installed but I haven't flown it much. David Copley's P-38 works with some modifications to the panel, but my FSX seems to crash everytime I try to exit the flight when I use it (but that shouldn't be much of a problem in the race, as long as you don't crash and need to reset quickly :().

Hi guysFS9 for me. I do have FSX, but I can't stand the wind shifts and the blurries.BRGDSSven

I'm going to go with FSX. I've still got FS9 on my HD so that I can fly any of the historic legs if need be, but apart from that consideration I can't bear to look at FS9 anymore it's so disappointing visually.I got the A2A ** P51D for FSX from the PC Aviator download store at a pretty good price I thought. I'm much happier flying the D rather than the FS9 H anyway because the D's tail is much heavier and so it won't nose over when you stand on the brakes. It's very difficult to land the H on a short runway, and I got really sick of crashing because I was too heavy on the brakes.I reckon I'm going to enjoy the D in next year's race.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

FS9 for me....I have the computer now to run FSX in at least a semi-usable state, but I can't see myself installing it, getting the kinks worked out, and building up enough of a usable hangar (composed strictly of freeware, as I can't afford to be buying a lot of FSX payware right now) for the race in time for the race.... So, I'll just stick with what I know and love.... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

It will be FSX for me. I removed my FS9 installation six months ago to recover space since I was never flying in FS9. I was able to get a two FS9 race aircraft moved over with some tweaking. Piaggio AvantiShockwave P-47The two FS9 aircraft I miss the most are:SSTSim ConcordeCaliforniaClassics DC-7CI do not have an M2 capable aircraft and I suspect we could see a return of a Concorde type leg this year. I hope that we have sufficient Concorde capability just in case. The DC-7C was and I think still is the fastest propliner around. I have the A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser and it is a wonderful aircraft and a delight to pilot but is about 50knts slower than the Seven Seas. In no particular order, these are the FSX aircraft that I am hoping for an opportunity to use in this years race:RealAir Spitfire (not as fast as the Pony and limited range - but a lot of fun)Aerosoft Hughes H1-B (this would require a rules mod as only one was ever produced)A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser (the only propliner I have in FSX)Acceleration AgustaWestland EH101 (a fast helo)Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter (great for short field work)Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 (another great short field aircraft - but better speed than the Twin Otter)

• pictures of some of these aircraft are in my galley album:
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?autocom...bum&album=5

What I am most likely to fly are the following:Shockwave P-51HPiaggio AvantiShockwave P-47PMDG 744F

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I will be solely using FSX this year also :) I love it now I have a PC capable of exploiting its advantages :) I have managed to port all my favourite FS9 birds into the new hanger and I also have a new tool for FSX which handles all the features I had in FS9 which I wanted in FSX ;)My race aircraft will be primarily** p-51HFSD AvantiAlpha HornetBearcat LongrangeDC-7C or RB50 for CorridorsEaglesoft CitationX or Aerosim B777-200 or Secret Weapon for Subsonic Jet Legs , maybe TristarNot sure on supersonic JetsChoice of Heli`s ;) Alpha Osprey maybe for a bit of funall Historic and Default A/C as requiredTotally FSX this year with no Autogen ;)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

This is an interesting read. My question for the FS X users: what are your hardware specs? I have a Core2 Duo E4300 running 2.7 Ghz coupled with an ATI Radeon 4850 and 2 gigs of RAM. Seeing as how some of you whom I have flown with have made the jump makes me a little more interested to investigate what it would take to make the change.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Hi Buzz My spec is Windows Vista Home Premium 32Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz4 gig RamNvidia 9800 GTX graphicsNothing special but runs FSX nicely

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

For the people with FSX, i have a question. How did you get the ** p51H and the avanti working in FSX?
That could be a thread on it's own.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Gary Buska

I will be using FS9 as I have more addon aircraft for that and get better frame rates.

Windows XP Pro SP2, DX9cCore 2 Duo X6800 @ 2.93Ghz, 4gigs ram, & Nvidia G260.

This is an interesting read. My question for the FS X users: what are your hardware specs? I have a Core2 Duo E4300 running 2.7 Ghz coupled with an ATI Radeon 4850 and 2 gigs of RAM. Seeing as how some of you whom I have flown with have made the jump makes me a little more interested to investigate what it would take to make the change.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

That could be a thread on it's own.
I don't remember all of the details of getting the P51H moved over but there is a brief discussion here in the ** forums. It was not too hard to do. There are some anomolies with the prop animation and you cannot turn on bloom in FSX but otherwise it is just fine. I am using RealityXP gps and Flightline T gauges which makes my panel.cfg dependent having those payware gauges installed.http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic....ilit=FSX#p52068The Avanti was much more of a challenge. Speed sent me instruction on how to modify the panel.cfg to use some of the FSX gauges from the CRJ. I was able to to get the 3d panel somewhat working (the autopilot controls do not work in the 3d panel) but I never got the 2d panel to work at all. Finally, I just copied over the entire CRJ 2d panel and am using that in place of the FSD panel and it works just fine. In fact I like it better than the FSD panel. The one problem I have not been able to resolve is getting the external lighting working. I have landing lights but no nav, beacon, or strobes. Avanti panel screenshots below:

26aLetj.png