Sign in to follow this  

How many planes do you have in your library?

Guest outtatimeiii

I just went though all the planes in my FS2002 aircraft library, and whoa, I have too many :) LOL. I have 213 different aircraft (not repaints) totalling around 15 gigs :-eek !! I never thought I had THAT many planes :-lol ! On a 40GB HD, thats a lot of real estate :) .I'm wondering how many everyone else has, I hope i'm not the only one who has 50% of their primary drive allocated to just FS2002 :).

213 WOW !How on earth do you find time to fly them all!!!

Guest racartron

Way too many. As of ten minutes ago there are 1,103 unique hulls in my hanger -- most of them carrying multiple liveries.I've decided I must collect airplanes like I do books -- if I see one I like or that interests me, I get it.I only carry 30 0r 40 on-line at anyone time -- mostly those I use for AI as they have to be on-line to be used. I use FSAddon Manager to handle my inventory and when I decide on the spur of the moment to fly an old Piedmont DC-3 or a new South African Meljet triple 7, or a Jimmy Buffet outfitted Grumman Goose, I just shove it out of the hanger and on-line. Kind of like in the real world. When I'm done with the flight, back in the hanger it goes.Anyway, enough of this chit-chat. I've got a brand new batch of FFX 737-200 liveries waiting to be installed -- about 19 I think 8>)Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Wow, I have 'only' 43 in my aircraft folder; but lately I've been concentrating on twin engine turbojet aircraft, mostly the 737 as my cockpit is set up with a twin lever throttle pedestal and I'm in the process of building an overhead panel which is patterned after a 737-300.

305 hulls. who knows how many paint jobs. some hulls have 45 different paints. if you average it out to five per hull that's better than 1500 different planes. :-eek size is 21.5 gig. and i'm still well under half-full of available space.you can save a BUNCH of space by aliasing panels and sounds. i put all my panels right in the aircraft folder to simplify the process. of course, the unique ones go in their respective aircraft folder, but the ones that get used in a multitude of aircraft get aliased to lighten up the load on memory. save the whales. collect the whole set!........... jed