Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Fs9 737ng Question

A friend has moved on to FSX has has totally uninstall FS9. He has given me his copy of the PMDG 737NG 800-900. This is the CD version of the software that at one time he had installed on his computer. It is no longer install or operable on his computer. With the CD, can I legally install the software on my computer?ThanksTom

Tom-Thanks for your question.The license is non-transferable. As such, you friend has violated PMDG's license agreement by giving the copy to you.Will the CDRom install? Yes. Is it legal in a purely mathematical score? No.Hope that answers your question...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Tom-Thanks for your question.The license is non-transferable. As such, you friend has violated PMDG's license agreement by giving the copy to you.Will the CDRom install? Yes. Is it legal in a purely mathematical score? No.Hope that answers your question...
Robert,Thank you for your answer. I know that a downloaded copy of the software can not be transfered, but I was uncertain about the transfer of the license of a CD. At one time I though it was legal to install a licence copy of a piece of software if you controlled the the licenced copy at it was install on only one machine. Similar to site or seat license purchased by a company with an agreed upon contract between the developer and the end user's company.Again, thank you for your response. I will not install the software on my machine.Tom