Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougwells

As Buffet Would Say....it's 5 O'clock Somewhere (on The 15th..)

Guest dougwells

I've been hoping to hear an update on PCAviator and/or Active Sky Advanced. Has anyone heard anything?Active Sky Advanced will be a nice addition to my IFR flying. I love the idea of being able to "drag" bad weather from one site to another one. I plan to use www.fourflights.com to find some hard real world IFR conditions and then drag them to an airport that I fly into occasionally. Does anyone know if the current version of Active Sky does this as well?PCAviator.....they definitely got my attention with their announcement. Lets hope they truly do deliver something amazing!I guess we'll hear something soon. Please share something on Avsim if you hear anything....!

I've been hoping to hear an update on PCAviator and/or Active Sky Advanced. Has anyone heard anything?Active Sky Advanced will be a nice addition to my IFR flying. I love the idea of being able to "drag" bad weather from one site to another one. I plan to use www.fourflights.com to find some hard real world IFR conditions and then drag them to an airport that I fly into occasionally. Does anyone know if the current version of Active Sky does this as well?PCAviator.....they definitely got my attention with their announcement. Lets hope they truly do deliver something amazing!I guess we'll hear something soon. Please share something on Avsim if you hear anything....!
Prepare for some degree of disappointment (and surprise, I'm sure).

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest GREENGRASS

:( They have dangled the carrot for quite well enough Having spent a fortune with this company in the past i am rapidly going off them.What i way to treat customers DON

Methinks they're 'avin' a bit of a giraffe! :( Tell us all what it is and then at least then we will know what to be disappointed about! :(

Hi Doug.You can't drag weather with ASX, but you can use the Wx Configurator to set up conditions either real-world or to your liking. The PCA announcement is not about ASA unless they know more than the Development Team does!

Oh well. It's gone midnight here now. I guess there's no point in staying up much longer. I'll check the inevitable PCAviator "Sorry for the delay. We will get back to you in X days" announcement in the morning.

Guest nshahzad

Perhaps they meant the groundbreaking bit was the carrot dangling

Guest dougwells

Thanks for the info Jim. My original comment was confusing .... sorry about that. I understand that these are two very separate announcements. Is my memory correct that Active Sky Advanced was targetted for release on December 15th. I'm happy to wait to get the very best product possible but was just curious.ThanksDoug

Guest dougwells

Jim,Thanks for setting me straight. I look forward to Active Sky Advanced when it is ready for release! Again, sorry for my misunderstanding (getting too excited about all the new releases this holiday)Doug