Sign in to follow this  
ddk

Ai Traffic And Fps

I useATI Radeon X1650 Pro (RAMDAC 400Mhz) 512 Mb, DDR2Intel P4 D 3.4GHz 2Gb 667 RAM550W PowerI use FS2004 Full Display options and frame rate clock to 25 FPS.And I use 100% AI Traffic (Full of Project AI-PAI- and others optional from WOAI, SKJ, WOT.)Performans is good enough, But the trouble occur on the major airports. (EHAM, KEWR, KJFK, KORD, EGLL, LFPO, LFPG, LTBA, LEMD etc...) I have FPS Problem. Spme time decrease to 2-3 FPS.If I make traffic to 0% solve the problem and FPS shows 25 FPS, but it is boring. :(Which hardware effect to AI performance and FPS?CPU? Board? Video? Sound?(FOOTNOTE= I have same problem my other PC that Core2Duo 2.66GHz, 4Gb 800Mhz RAM, GeForce8800GTS 1GB, FullCooling Sytem)

I useATI Radeon X1650 Pro (RAMDAC 400Mhz) 512 Mb, DDR2Intel P4 D 3.4GHz 2Gb 667 RAM550W PowerI use FS2004 Full Display options and frame rate clock to 25 FPS.And I use 100% AI Traffic (Full of Project AI-PAI- and others optional from WOAI, SKJ, WOT.)Performans is good enough, But the trouble occur on the major airports. (EHAM, KEWR, KJFK, KORD, EGLL, LFPO, LFPG, LTBA, LEMD etc...) I have FPS Problem. Spme time decrease to 2-3 FPS.If I make traffic to 0% solve the problem and FPS shows 25 FPS, but it is boring. :(Which hardware effect to AI performance and FPS?CPU? Board? Video? Sound?(FOOTNOTE= I have same problem my other PC that Core2Duo 2.66GHz, 4Gb 800Mhz RAM, GeForce8800GTS 1GB, FullCooling Sytem)
A couple of pointers:1. AI traffic is notorious as one of the big framerate killers.2. It's all about balance BUT the single biggest contribution to overcoming an AI-induced bottleneck, is a faster CPU.3. During busy periods, running with 100% airline traffic is over-optimistic at or near major hubs such as those you mention, even for the fastest of today's PCs .4. My only traffic add-on is MyTrafficX 5.1b. I discovered through trial and error that some of the models/textures it uses are somehow broken and ruin the framerate. Disabling those particular models (in my case, the 737-300 and -400) restores the framerate. It is just conceivable that you are suffering from something similar.5. May I suggest that you try online flying, if you haven't already? It's a bit of a hastle to get started and you may need to fiddle around to get your software to show online players with the correct aircraft/liveries. But once you've done it, with a little practice, you should find you have massively enhanced the overall immersiveness and realism of the experience, as well as eliminating what you call the "boredom" of flying in empty skies, without having to squander CPU-cycles on generating lots of AI flights.Tim

But the trouble occur on the major airports. (EHAM, KEWR, KJFK, KORD, EGLL, LFPO, LFPG, LTBA, LEMD etc...) I have FPS Problem. Spme time decrease to 2-3 FPS.If I make traffic to 0% solve the problem and FPS shows 25 FPS, but it is boring. :(
Your computer is telling you, that you should find a middle ground between 0% AI and 100% AI. ;)Even with my E8500 overclocked, at places like EHAM, KEWR, etc. I must reduce AI to 25% to 50% to get a workable (18+) framerate.With your Pentium D, or the Core2 you mention, you are going to have to make the same compromise. 25% to 50% AI isn't too boring, if you have lots of AI installed, you will still have some aircraft going around.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks your advices.I is true that AI traffic is major of the FPS problem especially throng airports.I think It is firstly harmony of motherboard and cpu, then memory speed afterward VideoCard. One of My an old computer has foxcon motherboard and performance better with 6800LE Video Card.Perhaps I must use %50 traffic till reach an expert system and expert Flight Simulator for Real World flights.And now I can try on-line flights. But It is strange event for me to try on-line flight, yet. At Least I passed Instruments flight lessons with flight simulator.If it enought to fly Where can I fly and Why for on-line flights.Deniz

Thanks your advices.I is true that AI traffic is major of the FPS problem especially throng airports.I think It is firstly harmony of motherboard and cpu, then memory speed afterward VideoCard. One of My an old computer has foxcon motherboard and performance better with 6800LE Video Card.Perhaps I must use %50 traffic till reach an expert system and expert Flight Simulator for Real World flights.And now I can try on-line flights. But It is strange event for me to try on-line flight, yet. At Least I passed Instruments flight lessons with flight simulator.If it enought to fly Where can I fly and Why for on-line flights.Deniz
I'm not sure that I've understood your question but in case you're asking how to fly online, I suggest you start by visiting http://vatsim.net/ . You will need some free software to get online. I recommend FSInn. You should follow the installation advice here:http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=20466To see which airports and airspace are under online ATC at any given moment, download the free version of vRoute, here:http://www.vroute.net/content/view/79/52/Now you can plan your route to use airports and airspace under online ATC.Before actually attempting a flight, I suggest you familiarise yourself with local conditions by (i) studying the airport, SID and enroute charts for your departure; (ii) studying the STAR, approach and airport charts for your arrival; and (iii) sitting at the gate for a while, just listening to the chatter on various frequencies so you know what to expect. You can find the appropriate frequencies for all these stations from a variety of sources: most easily from the ATC window of FSInn. For example, at Frankfurt (EDDF) on a busy night you will be expected to contact in sequence: EDDF_ATIS (ATIS, for airport & weather information); EDDF_DEL (Delivery, for clearance); EDDF_GND (Apron, for push-back and taxi); EDDF_X_TWR (Tower ('X' depends on assigned runway), for final taxi and take-off clearance); EDDF_N_APPR (Langen radar, for initial climb); EDDF_X_CTR (also known as "Langen radar" ('X' depends on route)), for further climb - and so on. Usually there are some gaps: for example, EDDF_DEL might be offline. If that happens, contact the next controller "up": for example, EDDF_GND. Although it sounds intimidating to begin with, anyone with good spoken English and a solid command of the controls in his aeroplane can quickly get the hang of it.Tim

thank you for online traffic advices.also i want to as that which processor is abble to carry 200 ground (sleeping) traffic and 100 on the air traffic as well at 20FPS?are there any suggestion about CPU? so pentium D can not procees 300 ai traffic at 20FPS. need for cpu advices

Two years later...
You mean over 3 years later, right? December 2008 to January 2012. Long time for a thread resurrection! DDK, what kind of computer equipment do you have now? What are the specifications?Kind regards,

You mean over 3 years later, right? December 2008 to January 2012. Long time for a thread resurrection! DDK, what kind of computer equipment do you have now? What are the specifications?Kind regards,
Haha, I was in so much disbelief at the thread being dug up. :LMAO: Edited by Will Dunn

Sounds like a Pentium D, which is no more than two Pentium 4s stuck on the same die. That processor could barely handle FS9 overclocked.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

AI traffic will bring any system to it's knees. Doesn't matter if you've got SandyBridge OC and a GTX580.

AI traffic will bring any system to it's knees. Doesn't matter if you've got SandyBridge OC and a GTX580.
Ben, I hate to disagree, but that's not true. I suggest you check out My Traffic X Pro!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Ben, I hate to disagree, but that's not true. I suggest you check out My Traffic X Pro!
With high settings @ FlyTampa, NGX, max traffic, AND AS2012 and all of your other addons? I kid you not, it will bring any system to 10-15 FPS.

With high settings @ FlyTampa, NGX, max traffic, AND AS2012 and all of your other addons? I kid you not, it will bring any system to 10-15 FPS.
The feature in MTX that allows you to adjust ai aircraft models also allows you to disable exits for the jetways. This added 5 FPS at FSDT KLAS.Also, quoted from the manual itself:
The obvious way to reduce this load is to put the traffic density slider a bit to the left - keep in mind that in average MyTraffic at 16% density setting has at much life around you as stock FSX has with 100%. For most airports, a setting of 25% will give traffic densities similar to real life.
RTFM Ben! Just%20Kidding.gif Seriously, I've found that 25% is very realistic at KCLT and KGSO. There's also a hit of 1 (ONE!) FPS. Edited by ZachLW

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The feature in MTX that allows you to adjust ai aircraft models also allows you to disable exits for the jetways. This added 5 FPS at FSDT KLAS.Also, quoted from the manual itself:RTFM Ben! Just%20Kidding.gif Seriously, I've found that 25% is very realistic at KCLT and KGSO. There's also a hit of 1 (ONE!) FPS.
I stand corrected... :Big Grin:What is that AI traffic called and how realistic is it? I HATE using the ATC from FSX....