Sign in to follow this  
Guest GAMER

Will The Md-11 Be The Last Sim For Fs9?

Guest GAMER

Is PMDG throwing in the towel on FS9 after the MD-11 due to computability issues?Michael P.

Is PMDG throwing in the towel on FS9 after the MD-11 due to computability issues?Michael P.
I sure hope so. IMHO its time to dump FS9 and just concentrate on FSX! Dont waste resources developing for an old platform which is losing users every day. I purchased the FSX MD11 and its great. I would never purchase any product for FS9.

Matthew S

Actually at my VA FSX flights are not catching up quick and a lot of people are not willing to spend lots of money to upgrade PC's just for FSX. I only have a $500-600 machine and I deeply appreciate that PMDG hasn't forgotten about us who can't upgrade due to cash constraints. And I will stick with FS9 until Project Tupolev updates there Tu-154M for FSX. Best freeware around, it is PMDG standard system modeling in that jet. So thats my big reason for sticking with FS9 aside my PC shortcomings. I will continue to purchase FS9 payware.Alex Jevdic

Actually at my VA FSX flights are not catching up quick and a lot of people are not willing to spend lots of money to upgrade PC's just for FSX. I only have a $500-600 machine and I deeply appreciate that PMDG hasn't forgotten about us who can't upgrade due to cash constraints. And I will stick with FS9 until Project Tupolev updates there Tu-154M for FSX. Best freeware around, it is PMDG standard system modeling in that jet. So thats my big reason for sticking with FS9 aside my PC shortcomings. I will continue to purchase FS9 payware.Alex Jevdic
I understand that FS9 runs better on older systems. I just wonder that if the development cycle for the next PMDG product is say 13 months then how many people will still be using FS9 in 2010? IMHO PMDG will not get a good return (FS9 sales in 2010) on the effort they spend developing for FS9.Do you plan to upgrade by 2010. If you do upgrade so you can run FSX are you still going to buy that FS9 product that PMDG spent so much effort developing?IMO more and more people will just dump FS9 completely as they upgrade to faster computers, and that will leave PMDG out on a limb, with little sales for FS9 products (compared to FSX products).Additionally, the FS9 platform is more limiting compared to the FSX platform, PMDG have said they had to cull some features (eg variable night lighting) cause they cant do it properly in the FS9 version.

Matthew S

Guest GAMER
I understand that FS9 runs better on older systems. I just wonder that if the development cycle for the next PMDG product is say 13 months then how many people will still be using FS9 in 2010? IMHO PMDG will not get a good return (FS9 sales in 2010) on the effort they spend developing for FS9.Do you plan to upgrade by 2010. If you do upgrade so you can run FSX are you still going to buy that FS9 product that PMDG spent so much effort developing?IMO more and more people will just dump FS9 completely as they upgrade to faster computers, and that will leave PMDG out on a limb, with little sales for FS9 products (compared to FSX products).Additionally, the FS9 platform is more limiting compared to the FSX platform, PMDG have said they had to cull some features (eg variable night lighting) cause they cant do it properly in the FS9 version.
This would be great if you have a ton of money to dump into a new computer that can meet the demand of FSX, but there are many of us that are not willing to dump thousands into a new computer just to play FSX. There are many like me who have a lot of add ons, and in many cases FS9 works better than FSX and is faster demanding fewer computer resources, soy why start over again, unless you are just loaded with cash and it doesn't matter than great, but I don't see FS9 going away as it works very well.Michael P.

You dont really need thousands these days to upgrade to a system that runs FSX well. After a year or two (I'm sure the NGX will take at least a couple of years to develop from scratch) you can get a system that runs FSX well for a ridiculously low price.I agree with Matthew that its time to move on. FSX is a superior product in many ways.

Is PMDG throwing in the towel on FS9 after the MD-11 due to computability issues?
You can do some search (recent) of this forum and this should tell you that PMDG still plans to deliver FS9 compatible 737 NGX.

You can do some search (recent) of this forum and this should tell you that PMDG still plans to deliver FS9 compatible 737 NGX.
I built my pc from scratch costing me $1900, my computer however is built to run very hard video games and therefore I have SLI. So you could say I built my pc for $1600 last February with a quad core and very top quality parts. Since then these parts have dropped drastically in price and I bet someone could build the same pc as me for $1000 or even way less. And my pc runs fsx perfect. I get 90fps in the sky and 25fps on the ground with the 747 and 70% traffic from flight 1 traffic. We are getting to the point were people need to start researching into new computers for fsx because they have dropped in price drastically and I bet that the flight simulator after this one will have more graphics card dependency and also I bet will be much faster and smoother. I'm sorry about this but this is reality, its almost 2009 not 2006 and things change especially with computers.

I guess I'm like the Chief Engineer of a sinking ship. I'm not abandoning it until its TRULY a lost cause. I will upgrade to FSX in four years after I get out of college since FS9 will suffice. With more Airbus payware (NLS A380, AS A32X/A340/A330 series), and the PMDG's coming out for FS9, and the Tu-154M possibly not going to be upgraded to FSX, there is no reason for me to switch. As long as the 2d panel is fully functional I'm happy since I never leave it 99.99 percent of the time. I may even bypass FSX for FS11 when/if it comes out. As for the cash, I'm lucky if I get $100 to upgrade on my PC so that won't be an option until I'm on my own and have a job.Alex Jevdic

The new NG will be FS9 and FSX just like the MD-11, our plans have not changed, we'll let you know if they do.
Thank you very much, i really appreciate your commitment to support the FS9 users as well. I'm not going to upgrade to FSX no matter how fast i can run it. The only thing that's better in FSX is the graphics anyway, the physics remains about the same.Kind regardsJan

Bryan,I don't think they will for a long time since its mainly in Russian in the RW. But they included tool tips for every system, in version 2.02.

Guest cuizinier

I am still a happy FS9 user (and customer of FS9 addons). I will consider upgrading to FSX when it will run complex airplanes with clouds and traffic on a 600 $ box (a couple of year I guess). I don't really understand stevenp, ahaka and MatthewS 's wish to see developers dump FS9.

Guest FrancoisH

By the time we will get affordable computer that allow you to run FSX correctly, FS11 will be here...