Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

Fsx 747 Performance Update?

I purchased the FSX MD11. Great performance and I like the way you can turn of the overhead panel geometry to increase FPS. I have not purchased the FSX 747 because I have heard it is very hard on performance.Any chance that PMDG might use some of the techniques employed in the PMDG MD11 to raise the performance of the 747? For example, a button to turn off the overhead panel geometry, and how about another button for the pedestal geometry?Also, can the PMDG update/SP1 include a button to turn off the pedestal geometry? This would seem like a simple change for some added FPS.

Matthew S

Mathew: What is the difference in your frame rates with the overheadd switches on or off? Also, give a brief description of your system. We play with this switch during beta and most of us didn't see a marked improvement but they left it in... glad we did, just wondering how much it can help. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

I agree with Matthew, it would be nice to be able to fly the queen with the same fps as MD-11. :(

Not going to happen, sorry. A lot of what makes the MD-11 perform better is under the hood coding/graphics stuff, and it would be a huge amount of work to retrofit it to the 747. Perhaps some day we'll remake the 744 like we're about to do with the 737NG...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Mathew: What is the difference in your frame rates with the overhead switches on or off? Also, give a brief description of your system. We play with this switch during beta and most of us didn't see a marked improvement but they left it in... glad we did, just wondering how much it can help. Thanks.
It's about 1 to 2 fps. Doesn't sound like a lot but my average FPS is around 18 to 20fps, so an extra 1 or 2fps is noticeable. I also have first officer screens turned off.I'm no aircraft developer but it makes sense to me that the less geometry that FSX and the video card has to draw the faster things will be. I wish you could add a similar button for the pedestal and other "eye" candy elements in the VC (eg the 3rd seat etc)Is it hard to do? Making this sort of effort is really appreciated by many users. If the 747X's reported performance was as good as the MD11X then I would purchase the 747X in a flash!Also, please include this feature in the upcoming 737NGX!
Not going to happen, sorry. A lot of what makes the MD-11 perform better is under the hood coding/graphics stuff, and it would be a huge amount of work to retrofit it to the 747. Perhaps some day we'll remake the 744 like we're about to do with the 737NG...
Sorry to hear that.Hopefully PMDG will use the performance techniques it employs in the MD11 in the 737NG. It would be a shame if the 737NG was crippled by poor FPS.

Matthew S

Guest SkullxBones
Perhaps some day we'll remake the 744 like we're about to do with the 737NG...
The sooner the better!Jeff P.

Hopefully PMDG will use the performance techniques it employs in the MD11 in the 737NG. It would be a shame if the 737NG was crippled by poor FPS.
And why would we not do that lol?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Les A
And why would we not do that lol?
If you have a dual core processor, you can get better fps by setting the affinity of other running processes to use just 1 processor. Do it before running fsx. Unfortunately you have to do this every time you switch on. You can do this using the task manager.Les