Sign in to follow this  
Guest bekfreak

On Monitors And Video Cards

Guest bekfreak

Heyas, I'm still doing my homework with the new computer and I wonder if it's worth my money to even stick a 260 216 Core in a 19 inch monitor with a max resolution of 1280 x 1024? I would like to run two monitors in the near future so am I better off with the 9800GTX or should I just go along with the 260? I'm going with a Q9550 for my processor and OCZ DDR2 1066 PC28500 RAM.

For FSX only stick with the 9800GTX+ which will be sufficient through 1680x1050. If you also play a lot of other games then the GTX260 may be the better bet in the longer term. Also if you decide to go with a 24" monitor one day the GTX260 will be ready for the task...

Konrad

Guest bekfreak
For FSX only stick with the 9800GTX+ which will be sufficient through 1680x1050. If you also play a lot of other games then the GTX260 may be the better bet in the longer term. Also if you decide to go with a 24" monitor one day the GTX260 will be ready for the task...
Thanks for the bit of advice there on saving me money that wasn't needed to be spent. I'll make sure to get a chunky case should sometime in the distant future a larger monitor is purchased. I've been toying with the BFG 260 @ 216 and their 9800 GTX+ OC. I don't play much other than FS and maybe the occassional other game but no Far Cry or Crysis.