Sign in to follow this  
Earl_Buice

I7-940, 3g Ram, Gtx260, 850w Thermaltake

Guys,I've been simin since about 1999. My old computer is a PIII800 512 RAM... barely could run FS2000 much less FS2004. I've posted in the FSX and FS9 forums but never in hardware that I recall.I just ordered a I7-940, 3G RAM DDR3 1333, 500MB HDD, EVGA GTX260, Vista 64, MSI X58 Platinum MB. Thermaltake 850W 8800 GTX certified PSU. I had a lot of trouble trying to decide who to order from! I read and researched till my mouse fell apart. I finally decided on Cyberpower. I know there are a lot of negative things on the web about them and even in their own support forums, but I didn't find any who looked any better. The price was fantastic for this systemI am hoping to run FSX very well in DX10. FS2004 maxed out!Questions:1- How bad did I mess up with my system specs?2- Will I be happy, satisfied or dissappointed?3- How bad did I mess up ordering from Cyberpower?4- I plan on ordering more RAM when I find a really good deal. Would someone please recommend what to buy and where?5- What drivers do I need to download for the GTX260?Merry Christmas all!Thanks for any comment.Earl

With Vista 64 you should have more RAM, but if you are only planning to fly FS9, 3 may be adequate.Otherwise 6I have a GTX 260 and use the latest beta 180.84, they are fineJust download the latest driver from www.Guru3d.comMe predicts you will be occupied with your new system...having fun....so yes, you have a chance at being pleasedFSX however, has other plans for us...lol