Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Flight1 Mustang ...

So when flying with 3 other passengers I guess there's no room to be discrete when taking a dump. "Hey guys, can you turn heads while I sit on the John?" Can you imagine the smell in such a cramped cabin? Ok, I'll stop. :(

So when flying with 3 other passengers I guess there's no room to be discrete when taking a dump. "Hey guys, can you turn heads while I sit on the John?" Can you imagine the smell in such a cramped cabin? Ok, I'll stop. :(
Yeah, thats a little more visual than I really needed. But it does give me an idea for a new feature "smellomatic"

When flying cross country in a Piper Arrow, we waited by necessityIt was a part of the preflight check....So I suppose the outdoor toilet would only be used for emergency.I dont think the mustang is used for cross-oceanic flight anyway.

When flying cross country in a Piper Arrow, we waited by necessityIt was a part of the preflight check....So I suppose the outdoor toilet would only be used for emergency.I dont think the mustang is used for cross-oceanic flight anyway.
I did it in the Conquest somehow so you could in the Mustang. Anyway a very 'PRO' job and hats off to the F1 team. Thanks for the continual innovations. As with all PC apps the UI is always the key.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I just experienced icing in this plane-it took my breath away!
Wow! Is all I can say!Geof,Does the ice adversely affect the flying characteristics of the Mustang? Or is this visual only?Does the ice disappear as you fly out of icing conditions? (or, if you turn on deice--assuming it has deice equip)?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well I just picked up this baby and I'll give you my initial impressions. First off, the airplane is visually stunning both inside and out. I only fly from the VC, so that's probably the biggest selling point for me and this bird doesn't disappoint. My only minor visual quibble is with the contrail effect that looks fake and out of place next to this amazing aircraft. Second, the sounds are a mixed bag. The ambient sounds of gyros and fans are good, along with flaps, gear, etc., but the engines sound pretty poor to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but they just sound fake and not what I'd expect. I may try to hunt around for an alternate engine sound set or use the one off my old Eaglesoft CJ1.As far as handling goes, there's good bad and ugly. In the air the airplane handles very nicely and pretty much what I'd expect. After only about 3 takeoffs and landings I was greasing it. Nice. My biggest complaints are with ground handling. The airplane rolls like it always has the brakes on. You never actually need to use the brakes during taxi, just reduce the throttle to idle and it'll stop rolling in about 20 or 30 feet. That seemed odd. Also the engines seemed a little sensitive to me. Perhaps I'm just used to big iron (in flight sim), but again, it didn't feel real the way throttle changes behaved in flight. Now granted, I've only flown Piper Warriors and Turbo Arrows in real life, but I'm still not sure that momentum is modelled correctly in the air file on this plane. Reduce throttle to idle at 20,000 feet and it's like you hit a brick wall. I guess I would expect a bit more momentum and a more gradual reduction in airspeed.I haven't played around with the Garmin too much, but it seems fully functional and highly detailed. Lots of goodies to play with and I look forward to cracking the manual open tonight for a more indepth read on all the cool stuff it can do. Initially the autopilot has me a little worried though. Remember, I haven't really read the manual yet, but in my initial test flight it behaved strangely. I climbed up to FL250 on flight change, and it went just fine in a 240kts climb. Levelled off smoothly. Great. Now I wanted to see how it reacted when I resumed the climb up to FL330. That's when things started going screwy. The bottom line is that I could never really get the aircraft to climb properly as it swung back and forth between climbing and descending (seemingly hunting for the proper airspeed). I finally had to go to vertical speed mode and dial in an 800fpm climb to get up to 330. I also tried various throttle thrust settings, climb, t/o, made no difference.So right now, I'm cautiously opptomistic about this airplane. I suspect that either I've not intialized something correctly, resulting in odd climb behavior or something is screwy with the autopilot, but that it will get fixed if that's the case. I really do appreciate Flight1's return policy because I don't stress when early signs on an add-on are mixed. The bottom line is that I think with time and a few tweaks this will be a solid release.

You really need to read the manual before experimenting and assuming otherwise.I mean that with no disrespect. The Mustang isn't a Piper and it needs to be understood before launching into the blue yonder. Thats why they make real Mustang owners go through training before they take flight.Jim

You really need to read the manual before experimenting and assuming otherwise.I mean that with no disrespect. The Mustang isn't a Piper and it needs to be understood before launching into the blue yonder. Thats why they make real Mustang owners go through training before they take flight.Jim
I read that the real bird has some 'characteristics' so maybe it is dead-on. Anyway I will get er up soon.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Sure, no offense taken. I will mention that I have flown (in flight sim) everything from the CJ1, Citation X, PMDG 737, PSS 757, etc.. So I'm not a total newb.;) I assume you are familiar with the airplane, so riddle me this. You're in cruise mode at FL250 and you want to climb up to 330. What's the procedure? I dialed in the new alititude, hit flight change, and advanced the throttles to climb and set in a 235kts climb (I tried different speeds thinking the plane couldn't handle a climb at that speed). So where did I go wrong?

Sure, no offense taken. I will mention that I have flown (in flight sim) everything from the CJ1, Citation X, PMDG 737, PSS 757, etc.. So I'm not a total newb.;) I assume you are familiar with the airplane, so riddle me this. You're in cruise mode at FL250 and you want to climb up to 330. What's the procedure? I dialed in the new alititude, hit flight change, and advanced the throttles to climb and set in a 235kts climb (I tried different speeds thinking the plane couldn't handle a climb at that speed). So where did I go wrong?
Spaceman,I would advice you again to read the manual and follow the procedures exactly.First put your new destination altitude in the PFD, then you put throttles in climb mode, hit FLC button, at that point the FLC airspeed bug will lock into your current airspeed. Next, adjust the FLC speed bug using the VS wheel to adjust your desired climb profile. For a steeper climb at a lower speed decrease the FLC speed bug. For a shallower climb but a faster speed you can increase the speed bug. And by all means, make sure you are loading over the default flight. If you have anymore questions, please visit our support forum.I hope that helps.Jim

Spaceman,I would advice you again to read the manual and follow the procedures exactly.First put your new destination altitude in the PFD, then you put throttles in climb mode, hit FLC button, at that point the FLC airspeed bug will lock into your current airspeed. Next, adjust the FLC speed bug using the VS wheel to adjust your desired climb profile. For a steeper climb at a lower speed decrease the FLC speed bug. For a shallower climb but a faster speed you can increase the speed bug. And by all means, make sure you are loading over the default flight. If you have anymore questions, please visit our support forum.I hope that helps.Jim
Ok. Thanks. Perhaps it was just that I didn't advance the throttles before going into flight change. I'll give it another try tonight when I also have time to read the manual.;)

I really like the popup widget that lets me select different service view options. The bald guy loks pretty cool but I wouldn't want to mess with him :)jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Wow! Is all I can say!Geof,Does the ice adversely affect the flying characteristics of the Mustang? Or is this visual only?Does the ice disappear as you fly out of icing conditions? (or, if you turn on deice--assuming it has deice equip)?
Hi Rhett-I would assume the ice will adversely affect the flying characteristics if you get enough but I haven't tried that yet. My Baron can carry quite a lot of ice before you see a problem and I never let it get that far so that is what you would want to do here too.I was stunned though-as I was trying the Mustang out on an instrument approach with rw weather which is snowing where I live. I didn't bother with deice just to see what would happen and as I was descending the windshield in a matter of seconds iced over. It was super realistic-both in looks and in timing. I then looked over to the wing and there was an appropriate amount of ice. I'm going to try now (since it is really snowing hard here) to see if the ice continues to accumulate and start to effect performance.

Geof,Performance will only be what FSX is allowing at the time. We just add visuals too that.I really do appreciate your comments. I am commercial, multi, Inst as well and it is refreshing to have someone with similar ratings know and respect what we have set out to accomplish.(and recognize it) Regards,Jim