Sign in to follow this  
plowry

737 Ngx

The 737NGX has been coming soon for a long time. I have recently given up FS9, with which I flew the excellent NG almost exclusively, in favour of Vista and FSX. I would like to know whether PMDG still expects to release the NGX or whether I should accept I will have to get busy flying another airplane for the foreseeable future.Peter.

Honestly, it helps to search this forum, not even search but just look around what is directly in front of you ... :(

I'm not giving up my 737... both FS9 & FSX fit on one system.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Peter,Well it seems the NGX won't be out soon and by soon I mean in a year or so. Since you've made the transition to FSX why not try the MD-11 until the new 737 comes out?

Hello,We can only make guesses, but considering that the MD-11 took around 4 years to develop, I would guess that the NGX would take around 2 years, keeping in mind that right now they are still working on the FS9 version of the MD-11. Why not as long as the MD-11? Because PMDG already has knowledge of the airplane, but its still a complete remake from ground up and not an update of the previous product.

Peter,it's obvious that the 737NGX won't be available next week. So if you need a good airliner until then you could always try the MD-11, great performance on FSX. This way you will also know what to expect from the new 737 regarding accuracy and realism.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I would happily start learning the MD 11 or the 747, and I have no doubt they are very fine add-ons, but I simply do not have the time it takes to do the kind of flights wide body planes fly. I am good for flights of ninty minutes or two hours max. My day job affords me no more time, so the 737 is just right. I would like to see PMDG, which I consider the best, turn out airplanes like the Bombardier and Embraer jets that those of us who do not have unlimited time for our hobby could learn to fly. Peter.

I like the short hops too; hence, my love for the 737 (in Spirit colors). However, there are plenty of relatively short flights in the MD11F with UPS or FEDEX colors such as KSDF/KJFK, KIAH/KMEM as so on. You'd be amazed at how well the MD11 flies the ZIGGY4 arrival into KONT and actually stays on descent profile to arrive at the FAF on speed and altitude. Just amazing. The 737/747 FMS can't handle it in VNAV but the PROF mode in the MD11 is a joy.

Dan Downs KCRP

If someone would have told me that it would be 2009 (hopefully not 2010) before I got to fly a 737 in fsx, I would have said your crazy :( . I had the 747 in fs9, great product but I never really used it, and thats why Im not really interested in th MD11, Im sure its probably the best Aircraft for fsx but large aircraft are not my cup of tea.

As a short hauler-single aisle simmer myself I usually fly for 1.5-2 hours max with the occasionnal 3 hour medium haul. I don't like large aircraft either I didn't get the 747 but the thing is the MD-11 is more than just a "large aircraft", it's very different in terms of systems from Boeings, moreover it's incredibly well simulated so I'm planing on getting it (FS9). It gives a great chance to learn different procedures. As mentioned above you really don't need to do 10-14 hour flights, the longest flight I'm planing to do won't probably exceed a 3 hour LTBA-EDDK or something similar.

Heck, not only do I fly the MD-11 on short 45 minute flights, for the fun of it I do round robin flights at local airports and touch and goes...the airplane is so much fun to fly. It's a masterpiece of a simulated aircraft. It's like using a sharp knife in the kitchen...just a pleasure to use. "Here Honey, let me slice the tomatoes."I know PMDG has received many accolades for this airplane - but not enough in my book. It's that good. And I would expect all of this magic will be leveraged for the NGX. Noel WBrisbane

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

It's a masterpiece of a simulated aircraft. It's like using a sharp knife in the kitchen...just a pleasure to use.
PMDG really stands out with their approach to simulation and technical competence of the staff their employ. They specially stand out if you compare with what is out there - some very well meaning developers who simply fail to deliver on big promises, I am writing this with a bit of bitterness after freshly purchasing just released highly anticipated biz-jet only to find out it has significant yet very basic flaws.