Guest Gonzster

Ok, looks like this might have something to do with my problem...- <Axis> <AxName>YAxis</AxName> <Index>1</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>64</AxScale> <AxNull>36</AxNull> </Axis>- <Axis> <AxName>ZAxis</AxName> <Index>2</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> <AxNull>1</AxNull> </Axis>Despite my MSFS saying they are the same, this would indicate otherwise. I am gonna see if I can hunt down the settings for all my actuators and force them to be the same in the XML.

Guest Gonzster

Looks like no dice. No matter what controls I map those two actuators to or if I set sensitivity to max and deadzone to none both in MSFS or my XML it seems like MSFS absolutely refuses to take heed.I would say it sounds like hardware but the two actuators report perfectly in Saitek's driver thing.I'm pretty lost...Maybe someone who has the same hardware setup (Saitek Yoke/Quad, Pedals, and USB Quadrant) could send me a copy of their XML so I can see if that works?

Here's mind for the axis <Axis> <AxName>XAxis</AxName> <Index>0</Index> <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET</AxEvent> <AxScale>127</AxScale> <AxNull>1</AxNull>They're all set this way.Make sure you're modifying the Standard.xml found in the controls folder (in XP upder application data/microsoft/fsx/control - no idea where it is in Vista.

Guest Gonzster

Ok, now I am onto something!I uninstalled my Saitek drivers according to the directions on their site (which only "sort of" worked)I have my pedals up in the windows calibrator. It seems to think they are fine (both Right Tow and Left Toe are a joined plane axis, like the XY axis of a joystick or yoke) however once the setup completes the pedals screw up just like the axis on my quadrant. The first tiny bit of motion on the pedals takes them from 0 to 50%. However, apparently this problem stems from using the calibration at all! I think the screwup results from Windows trying to determine the centering point. With the brake pedals in order to actually have them perfectly center, you'd have to hold both down exactly 50% without being able to watch the axis. This of course is for all practical purposes, pretty much impossible. Once I hit the "Reset to default" button, everything seemed fine.Windows seems to remember this however. Even after I installed the Saitek drivers Windows remembered the calibration I had done. To agitate the problems, the Saitek drivers don't allow you to calibrate or even reset the calibration. It simply is not an option. Thus the only way to correct this is uninstall the Saitek drivers and reset the calibration to default under the setup that is built into Windows. I guess at that point you could reinstall the Saitek drivers?Unfortunately now I have a new problem. Remember how I said Saitek's uninstall process "sort of" worked. Well, now my Yoke and Throttle quadrant won't show up in Game Controllers. Only my rudders. So I have to find a way to either really get the Saitek drivers uninstalled or, I dunno, maybe reinstalling Direct X would help?In any case I've figured out my original problem and just have to figure out this new one.

Guest Gonzster

Ok, after attempting Saitek's uninstall process and having my Yoke and Quadrant unrecognized I just went into the Device manager and they were listed there with improper or uninstalled drivers. I right clicked and uninstalled them. They're back in the Game Controller in Control Panel. I've reset everything to defaults and am gonna try the Saitek drivers now...

Guest Gonzster

Everything is golden. The moral of the story here is DO NOT attempt to calibrate any of the Saitek Pro Flight modules as many of the controls simply are not designed to be calibrated by the default MS method.If you accidentally do calibrate it, just hit the "Reset to Default"As long as you have haven't calibrated it or if you choose "reset to default" I'd recommend downloading the Saitek drivers and then assigning everything in MSFS.Hopefully if someone has this issue down the road they'll find this thread.