Sign in to follow this  
brucek

How is the Captain Sim 727 ?????

I'm considering purchasing thisa aircraft as the 727 is one of my favorite aircraft. Not to mention you get the -100 models as well :)Basically, how is the model??Is its external model accurate??How is the FDE?The VC??I am particularly interested in how accurate the visual model is since I do A LOT of flying "outside" the aircraft.How does the CS 727 "Shape" compare to the excellent model by FFX/SGA??? Is it the same external model wise or is one more accurate then the other?? If so, which one??Thanks to all who respond!!!!!!!!!!!!:)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

The CS 727 is awesome. I fly it all the time. The external model is second to none in terms of detail. The flap detail in particular is outstanding. (I don't think comparisons to freeware would be fair). I normally am not a big fan of VCs, but the CS 727 VC is marvellous. The updated FDE is pretty decent but could be better. With the changes posted by some users in the CS forum it's fine. Mishahttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e88bc6a3131e828.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e88bdbe359f3012.jpg

It's a very nice bird. The virtual cockpit is very nice but it does not beat the B-25 Briefing Time in terms of quality and true detail :) As to the flight dynamics, many who make such claims to it being this or that have never flown a 727 so it's funny to see such comments. It's worth the money if you like the older type of cockpit style. As to the external model it really shines indeed but I would point some to the PMDG's 737 NG preview and then comment about it being "second to none".Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Second to none was obviuosly based on what's available. I can't judge not yet released models based on preview screenshots alone. You don't have to be a 727 pilot either to know that a nose down attitude on final is not correct for this aircraft.MK

Guest Markyboy

Well worth the money. Only flaw is the nose down attitude in the cruise. Indeed the only time she is ever in a positive nose up attitude is in the climb. I have not found a 727 for Flightsim that doesn't do this though. Visual model, VC etc are all brilliantly done and there are also lots of free repaints that are easily added with the TCE. This also allows you to change the passenger, cargo and engine variants.Go get it !!!Markyboy.P.S. This is not in anyway knocking the FFX freeware version. I particuarly like their 732 but if you must spend money on a 727 you will not be dissapointed with the CS727.

CS 727 is in my opinion one of the best out there. The 727 is my favorite jet, so I jumped at the opportunity to buy this and it's been a great experience. The panel is excellent, the VC is the clearest I've ever seen, the exterior model is beautiful, the sounds are great, and as far as I'm concerned the flight model ain't so bad either. I can't seem to find any of the terrible problems some people have found with the flight model, and if you follow the directions and go 'by the book' things work fine. The CS727 has faced a lot of complaining on these forums, but much of that has either been corrected or unjustified in the first place. Overall, it's an excellent product well worth the $35 for the Pro edition.Have fun,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest gooper

if a good flight model is what interests u look no further than the FDe by charles fox made for the 727 by mike stone. a buddy of mine is a F/o on the 727 and he has compared capt sim's model to charles fox and tells me that hands down the one by fox is far better.

Great thread. I just bought it, and am still learning how to use it. Interesting idea on the different FDE making it more realistic.Is there a tutorial around anywhere for the C.S. 727 yet?Thanks,Bruce.