Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hingham2008

Quick Fmc Question 747

If the route was not activated then it would not be a magenta line, it would be a dotted light blue line instead. As I said before, it is probably because he needs to input the performance data.Robert T

Guest 150245
If the route was not activated then it would not be a magenta line, it would be a dotted light blue line instead. As I said before, it is probably because he needs to input the performance data.Robert T
me againtaking into consideration your answers I did program the fmc with the route againstarted with PMDG 747 cold and dark at KPAE, departing runwy 16R Programmed WP's are BF SZ SEA TNCM OLMBF SZ passed than manually switched to SEA passed and TNCM passed (as you can see from the screen) heading towards OLM.init page set ZWF fuel reserves CI CRZ ALT etc. but the result is the same WP1 and no otherAP on LNAV and VNAV engagedregardsCJK

<<BF SZ SEA TNCM OLM; BF SZ passed than manually switched to SEA passed and TNCM passed (as you can see from the screen) heading towards OLM>>The 747 is doing exactly what it is told. I see by the screen you are flying towards fix OLM, but the FMC is on the TCM (what happended to TNCM?) leg. The ND should have OLM in upper right. When you manually fly by a fix it may not step the FMS to the next segment. This looks like a very different problem than before and I am beginning to think your skills with the aircraft need some work.The tutorial that takes you from KPAE to Moses Lake WA is a good place to start. Have you done the tutorial?

Dan Downs KCRP

Also, if the FMS does not recognise that you have crossed that particular waypoint then you could always up-select the waypoint you are headed to, much like if you were to go direct-to.Robert T

Guest 150245
<<BF SZ SEA TNCM OLM; BF SZ passed than manually switched to SEA passed and TNCM passed (as you can see from the screen) heading towards OLM>>The 747 is doing exactly what it is told. I see by the screen you are flying towards fix OLM, but the FMC is on the TCM (what happended to TNCM?) leg. The ND should have OLM in upper right. When you manually fly by a fix it may not step the FMS to the next segment. This looks like a very different problem than before and I am beginning to think your skills with the aircraft need some work.The tutorial that takes you from KPAE to Moses Lake WA is a good place to start. Have you done the tutorial?
hi Dan,if I do understand you correctly than I should not mix up with flying manually and using the FMC, otherwise the Queen is confused? I thought in the past it could have happen that when installing some of my other planes like PSS and level d parts of the queen were mismatched or so. Therefore I re-installed the System WinXP and re-installed the FS9. Results are the same as we have checked (thanks a lot again) during today.So what I will do is to prepare the FMC for a full automatically flight together with a Senior Captain of Lufthansa with all necessary items point by point for a short flight. Have tried that already beginning this week but when we reached the point of rolling (after abt. 45 mins prep) windows told me ... Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and has to be closed.Must admit I was more than ######.. that was one of the reason's to re-install everything. Unfortunately the result is not very amazing.So thanks for the time beeing, will keep you posted possibly not before xmas..best regardsClaus-J

Guest 150245
hi Dan,if I do understand you correctly than I should not mix up with flying manually and using the FMC, otherwise the Queen is confused? I thought in the past it could have happen that when installing some of my other planes like PSS and level d parts of the queen were mismatched or so. Therefore I re-installed the System WinXP and re-installed the FS9. Results are the same as we have checked (thanks a lot again) during today.So what I will do is to prepare the FMC for a full automatically flight together with a Senior Captain of Lufthansa with all necessary items point by point for a short flight. Have tried that already beginning this week but when we reached the point of rolling (after abt. 45 mins prep) windows told me ... Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and has to be closed.Must admit I was more than ######.. that was one of the reason's to re-install everything. Unfortunately the result is not very amazing.So thanks for the time beeing, will keep you posted possibly not before xmas..best regardsClaus-J

hi guysnow I got it. It was definately the missing dates of the perf ini. page I took the dates of the VIR 19 flight from EGLL to KSFOprogrammed the FMC accordingly and now the queen is on her way (not to LA) but to Frisco.thanks once again and have a nice xmas. regardsCJK
Glad to see you've sorted it out and you can now fly the Queen in all her glory :( Merry Christmas :( Robert T