Sign in to follow this  
j14g

Beacon, Strobe Lights Missing

Hi,Somewhere along the line I managed to mess up the lights, specifically the strobe and beacon lights, in all a/c. The panel and landing lights are ,oddly, mostly still intact. I reinstalled the effects file from the Game1 FS9 CD but that didn't work, nor did reinstalling the original effects files from the a/c downloads.I'm not sure where to go now. Searching the FS2004 files offered little. Can anyone suggest a solution ?Thanks,Jack

Try reinstalling the textures too. Effects files call up texture files in the Textures folder.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Try reinstalling the textures too. Effects files call up texture files in the Textures folder.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it.Jack

Hi,Some follow up on the problem regarding the absence of strobes and beacons. After culling out a number of old/unused fx files from the EFFECTS folder the lights are blinking once again. Whether the reduction in the number of files or the removal of some malignant file led to the improvement is unknown to me. I'm just glad there are back. Makes night flying that much more enjoyable.Jack

Hi,Some follow up on the problem regarding the absence of strobes and beacons. After culling out a number of old/unused fx files from the EFFECTS folder the lights are blinking once again. Whether the reduction in the number of files or the removal of some malignant file led to the improvement is unknown to me. I'm just glad there are back. Makes night flying that much more enjoyable.Jack
You might try slowly adding the effects files back in over time until it repeats the behavior. Which ever triggers, toss it in the trash can.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach