Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Serious pitch Problem

Hi all,I have a really weird pitch problem, All my Jet Planes seem to fly with the nose pitched up. It seems to happen once i get to CRZ Level.The Auto Pilot is on and set to hold alt, the fule is just right, and i have even tryed it with very little fuel so i cant see it being caused by weight. Does anybody know how to sort this out, or what i shopuld be doing. the nose is always pitched up at just under 10deg. maybe its normal, i dont know but it dosent look right. is there away to reset the pitch.

The slower you go, the higher the AOA. What's your cruise speed (IAS)?

My CRZ Speed is about 320 IAS in a 737, Which is wrong, but when i set it to MACH 0.74 it says overspeed.

Normal airliners will cruise with a positive AOA of a few degrees, though 10 degrees seems a bit too much. (Next time you fly on a real airliner look out the window and compare the horizon to the bottom of the window frame and you'll notice the angle (Or place a ball in the aisle and watch it roll to the back of the plane :-)).) Are you sure display indicated airspeed is set in the realism menu? 320kt IAS seems excessive and overspeed at 0.74M seems wrong, too. 737 should cruise at around 0.78M at FL30 or above. What 737 addon are you using? What altitude are you cruising at?Misha

It happens on all my planes, When should i change from IAS to MAch, maybe im flying to slow. My CRZ was at FL330.Thanks for all your help

Guest RonB49

Misha's got it right. Go to the Realism settings under the Aircraft menu and check the Display Indicated Airspeed box. At FL330, you should be able to fly at 0.74 Mach with nor problem. Your indicated airspeed at that point should be around 250 knots. Use the GPS display to read your ground speed. R-