Sign in to follow this  
Jones

Pmdg Md-11 Fms Step Climb

Hello, I have not looked up in the manual or anything yet I figured it qould be smart to ask if anyone who already knew would be able to tell me. It would be a waist of time to check th emanual to make sure I dont recall reading it in there when I first got it so I am asking here.Does anyone know if the PMDG MD-11 FMS is able to caculate and do step climb altitudes. durring a long flightThank YouEric JonesUSA1045

[Does anyone know if the PMDG MD-11 FMS is able to caculate and do step climb altitudes. durring a long flight]Eric,Short answer:Yes, she is able to do that.Regards,Harry

Sweet, I assume it does it a certain way that is very simple, I will look that up my self in th emanual if it exist.Thank YouEric JonesUSA1045

Eric it is pretty easy, you can specify step climb flight levels in the FMC before flight. The computer automatically determines the optimal time to do the step climb.Look at the tutorial flight from London to Zurich--even though no step climb is done there, the tutorial does mention the settings briefly in the FMC.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB