Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

Happy Holidays To Everyone... Enhanced Textures Uploaded And Available

Guest Nick_N
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=rootEnjoy! And have a great New Year and just a follow up:There are 24 more textures that will come a bit laterThey appear to be 'forgotten' night textures by Aces.. and they all missed the night lighting on them. Its the European 'extruded' city buildings you may see in Paris, Berlin, etc and down in South America, Eurasia, etcThose are undergoing a lot more work than the others to try and restore them, so, the illuminated versions are not in this package... if we had waited to finish those we would not have made the holiday deadline we were trying for. So there is more to this but as for when I cant say... they needed a lot of repair work to get them up to speed.

A warm thanks to Anthony and you Nick :--))Very much appreciated.A Happy New Year to you and your family.Davidbiggrinsanta.gif

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Indeed, a very nice gift. The simplest description that it does ENRICH the autogen and may encourage me to move my slider to the right more!

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest UlfB

Thanks and merry christmas to you and Anthony!Two cropped images. The first with the default FSX autogen buildings and the second with GEX autogen buildings.Edited: I might add that the pictures are from nothern Sweden, so no GEX textures. UTX Europe installed.

I tried to access the SimForum link contained in this package but the link did not work. So, I'll post this here. I believe there is a file missing from the package. The file ID is: "RoofTopChotchkes_lm.dds." Could someone check this out.ThanksFrank

Guest ThomasE
Thanks and merry christmas to you and Anthony!Two cropped images. The first with the default FSX autogen buildings and the second with GEX autogen buildings.Edited: I might add that the pictures are from nothern Sweden, so no GEX textures. UTX Europe installed.
Maybe I am missing something, but to tell the truth, I see no difference between the two shots...RegardsTom

Guest UlfB
Maybe I am missing something, but to tell the truth, I see no difference between the two shots...RegardsTom
Tom,The difference is subtle but clear. For example: take a close look and compare the red colored rooftops. The color is more vivid on the GEX autogen. You will find more differences if you study the images carefully. If you can't see any difference at all, your monitor might need a calibration.Ulf B

Guest Nick_N
I tried to access the SimForum link contained in this package but the link did not work. So, I'll post this here. I believe there is a file missing from the package. The file ID is: "RoofTopChotchkes_lm.dds." Could someone check this out.ThanksFrank
That file was not part of this package and FSX will retain the originalWhy would you assume it is missing?We left it out for a reason

They look clearer to me with and without my glasses :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest UlfB

Another two comparison images. Night pictures from Sweden city. Still no GEX textures and still UTX Europe.First image show FSX default autogen building textures. Second image show the GEX autogen building textures.

Guest Nick_N
Tom,The difference is subtle but clear. For example: take a close look and compare the red colored rooftops. The color is more vivid on the GEX autogen. You will find more differences if you study the images carefully. If you can't see any difference at all, your monitor might need a calibration.Ulf B
We did not go crazy with this... the idea was to enhance and change the overall feel and lookAutogen is small and fine details are seen as one may decend and take off or fly low. The changes made to colors and other enhancements bring on a much clearer and defined ground environmentSmall details when added up make a big difference. Some systems may not be able to see the difference right away becasue they may not be running textures sharp and clear to begin withyou guys fly it for a while in different locations and you will see the differenceDont judge it based on one location and time of day.. take some flights in different areas and around cities and at night :(

Guest Mower

Happy Holidays?Nah....Merry Christmas.

Guest Nick_N
Another two comparison images. Night pictures from Sweden city. Still no GEX textures and still UTX Europe.First image show FSX default autogen building textures. Second image show the GEX autogen building textures.
Sweden in the late Spring?I have seen something like that but can't remember where... hmmmmmmI know it was in a forum somewhere
Happy Holidays?Nah....Merry Christmas.
MARY CRISTMAS to YOU as well!!

Nick, you are correct that the differences may be subtle but the night pictures you included, i think they show a tremendous difference looking at the lighting in the larger buildings in the new GEX autogen shows a remarkable difference. Thank to you and Anthony for taking the time to do this, and have a safe and enjoyable hoilday.Kyle