Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

Happy Holidays To Everyone... Enhanced Textures Uploaded And Available

Guest Nick_N
Nick, you are correct that the differences may be subtle but the night pictures you included, i think they show a tremendous difference looking at the lighting in the larger buildings in the new GEX autogen shows a remarkable difference. Thank to you and Anthony for taking the time to do this, and have a safe and enjoyable hoilday.Kyle
Thank you Kyle!Anthony and I will have a safe holidayWe dont drink and fly... as that is very dangerous and can cause accidents in the cockpitWe drink first so we dont spill anything on the instruments :(

Thank you Kyle!Anthony and I will have a safe holidayWe dont drink and fly... as that is very dangerous and can cause accidents in the cockpit
I always preferred the term Flight deck. :DThank you very much, and Merry Chrismas/happy hoildays/Happy flight simming.

Guest UlfB
We did not go crazy with this... the idea was to enhance and change the overall feel and lookAutogen is small and fine details are seen as one may decend and take off or fly low. The changes made to colors and other enhancements bring on a much clearer and defined ground environmentSmall details when added up make a big difference. Some systems may not be able to see the difference right away becasue they may not be running textures sharp and clear to begin withyou guys fly it for a while in different locations and you will see the differenceDont judge it based on one location and time of day.. take some flights in different areas and around cities and at night :(
?My judgement was: the difference is subtle but clear and I'm greatful for your freeware. Regarding the night images, I think the difference is very clear and I sure appreciate the new lighting. The images are taken during the summer. Default FSX textures. I hope that the word "subtle" doesn't denote something negative. If so, I'm sorry but english isn't my native language.Thanks once again for your christmas gift.Ulf B

Guest Nick_N
?My judgement was: the difference is subtle but clear and I'm greatful for your freeware. Regarding the night images, I think the difference is very clear and I sure appreciate the new lighting. The images are taken during the summer. Default FSX textures. I hope that the word "subtle" doesn't denote something negative. If so, I'm sorry but english isn't my native language.Thanks once again for your christmas gift.Ulf B
?Hmmmm... perhaps a misunderstanding?I was just supporting what you said about the subtle difference as it is there but we did not want the autogen to really stand out too much... just enough to make the impact :( the 2nd part was focused at the rest of the forum and comments pertaining to not seeing differences .. probably should have made that clearer :( I think you can see some northern Sweden in late spring over at the other forum ... although not complete I thought perhaps you may like to see that :(

Guest UlfB
?Hmmmm... perhaps a misunderstanding?I was just supporting what you said about the subtle difference as it is there but we did not want the autogen to really stand out too much... just enough to make the impact :( the 2nd part was focused at the rest of the forum and comments pertaining to not seeing differences .. probably should have made that clearer :( I think you can see some northern Sweden in late spring over at the other forum ... although not complete I thought perhaps you may like to see that :(
My fault, sorry! B) Yeah - I just came over here from the GEX forums reading your last post with the pictures from nothern Sweden. The textures looks very good and I do look forward to the release B)

Guest Nick_N

and just a follow up:There are 24 more textures that will come a bit laterThey appear to be 'forgotten' night textures by Aces.. and they all missed the night lighting on them. Its the European 'extruded' city buildings you may see in Paris, Berlin, etc and down in South America, Eurasia, etcThose are undergoing a lot more work than the others to try and restore them, so, the illuminated versions are not in this package... if we had waited to finish those we would not have made the holiday deadline we were trying for.So there is more to this but as for when I cant say... they needed a lot of repair work to get them up to speed.

Tom,The difference is subtle but clear. For example: take a close look and compare the red colored rooftops. The color is more vivid on the GEX autogen. You will find more differences if you study the images carefully. If you can't see any difference at all, your monitor might need a calibration.Ulf B
I assumed it was missing because most of the other files were in pairs and this one was not. No big deal - I just thought maybe it had been left out.fb

I'm looking forward to flying with these textures, the night difference is particularly striking. Just in case you have other add-ons that replace autogen textures, take care to avoid conflicts. I hadn't realised ORBX/FTX did that, and there's some good simple advice about co-existence here:http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=7512.0RegardsSimon

Guest Nick_N
I assumed it was missing because most of the other files were in pairs and this one was not. No big deal - I just thought maybe it had been left out.fb
naaaaaits a DXT5 with alpha and did not need to be in the mix for night ... since this was a big package already and took a lot of time to enhance, repair and clean up we cut out as many 'unneeded' files as we couldbut thanks for taking notice and letting us know :(

Nick,I'd like to say a big thanks for all you do for the FS Community. From your tweak and tuning guides (which I have followed to the letter and HIGHLY recommend to everyone, they WILL improve your FSX performance and enjoyment), to these latest free enhanced autogen textures, you make a big difference, and it's greatly appreciated.Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! :(

Guest Nick_N
I'm looking forward to flying with these textures, the night difference is particularly striking. Just in case you have other add-ons that replace autogen textures, take care to avoid conflicts. I hadn't realised ORBX/FTX did that, and there's some good simple advice about co-existence here:http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=7512.0RegardsSimon
Its always best to consider another addon one may be using which is why we posted in the description this works with any addon that uses the DEFAULT FSX autogen textures, and, why we specifcally posted in the instuctions to back up that Texture folder -first thing- so if any mistake is made by the user in forgetting some switcher is active they can restore the addon they may have by mistake overwritten textures.If it is suggested FTX mode be off before installing then I would also turn it off before backing up so you have the 'actual' FSX default textures protected in the backupWe made this for default FSX users and those who use addons that call the defaults however the instructions provided should cover someone if they make a mistake.One of the reasons we did not make a 'auto installer' was for just such issues... auto installers get people in trouble and by manual backup and install the user has full control to stop and think before they install.EDIT: This was posted by Holger so there is nothing that can be damaged if someone forgets to turn off FTX mode
Hi guys,if you're using any of the FTX Australia packs make sure to first set FTX Mode to OFF before you install this package. If you've already installed it, just set FTX Mode to OFF and then re-do the installation of the GEX autogen files.Cheers, Holger
Is all good :(

Guest JNS
Nick,I'd like to say a big thanks for all you do for the FS Community. From your tweak and tuning guides (which I have followed to the letter and HIGHLY recommend to everyone, they WILL improve your FSX performance and enjoyment), to these latest free enhanced autogen textures, you make a big difference, and it's greatly appreciated.Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! :(
I'd like to second this bigtime. Thanks, Nick!Jeff

Nick, your package is superb, particularly at night. I fly low at night with "choppers".Seasons's Greetings,Pierre

Pierre

Guest Nick_N

The Europe repair of the missing Aces night textures I mentioned is complete... Paris is now the city of lights once againNote that this is default FSX and not GEX Eu or UTX in this image

We are still working on Eurasia, South America and A few other spots