Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

Thoughts On Ch Yoke Modifications

HiI was surfing around trying to find articles on cool modifications to the CH Yoke. I did find a few that covered ie. painting the thing or installing a map clip.What I would need is how to install more buttons on the left horn of the yoke, where you mostly keep your left hand during the takeoff/approach phases. I'm a VC only flier using Active Camera and need more buttons to change view presets. Currently the two big red buttons are reserved to FS2Crew functions, the trim button.. well, for trim, and the trigger button for PTT (vatsim use). That's all the buttons available for left hand.Does anyone have experience or thought on these kinds of modifications?

HiI was surfing around trying to find articles on cool modifications to the CH Yoke. I did find a few that covered ie. painting the thing or installing a map clip.What I would need is how to install more buttons on the left horn of the yoke, where you mostly keep your left hand during the takeoff/approach phases. I'm a VC only flier using Active Camera and need more buttons to change view presets. Currently the two big red buttons are reserved to FS2Crew functions, the trim button.. well, for trim, and the trigger button for PTT (vatsim use). That's all the buttons available for left hand.Does anyone have experience or thought on these kinds of modifications?
Have you asked Bob Church over at www.ch-hangar.com? He wrote the book on that stuff.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Have you asked Bob Church over at www.ch-hangar.com? He wrote the book on that stuff.
Wow, I had not even heard of such a book. I'll check it out, thanks.

There is no way to directly add switches to the exsitng CH USB control PCB. You would have to install an additional USB Switch interface and then install and connect additional switches in the yoke handle as desired. Check out www.desktopaviator.com for the interface and information on this subject. Check out my recent post in the hardware forum for my CH yoke mod, adding force feedback. Good luck.

Well I hacked my CH Yoke one day. Literally. I took a jigsaw and cut out those ridiculously placed levers. Connected some wire to the lever assembly, made some new handles and relocated them. They now function as a landing gear lever, elevator trim (before the wheel also in the pic) and the spolier arming lever. I took some grey carpet and covered the hole up on the yoke. Looks nice. Also, as you can see, I hacked a few other things that CH makes.But you're on the right track. Dont limit yourself to putting extra buttons on the yoke. Make a whole new panel for switches. The one you see in the pic costs less than $10.00 to make with switches from Radio Shack some plexi from home Depot and a nice printer.. And the above poster is correct, you cant really add anything to the existing circutry of the yoke. You could however add separate switches with a whole new system.Start hacking,,,