Sign in to follow this  
airliner_75

Traffic Files

Hello,I will change this week from FS9 to FSX. Finally :)How about the traffic BGL files and AI-aircraft files that I during those years with FS9 had built up?Is it only to copy and paste all AI-aircraft textures to FSX-folder and then recompile so the new flightplans will be created?Am I thinking right here.Thanx for any tips...Best regards/Artur

You can install FS9 FPs into FSX and they will work. Day might be off and you will lose default traffic. Or you could change them to FSX format with a tool like AIFP, and have both. You can add you FS9 planes, but sometimes textures do not show properly. and parking is different in FSX. It can be a bit of work.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest FlightLevel380
Hello,I will change this week from FS9 to FSX. Finally :)How about the traffic BGL files and AI-aircraft files that I during those years with FS9 had built up?Is it only to copy and paste all AI-aircraft textures to FSX-folder and then recompile so the new flightplans will be created?Am I thinking right here.Thanx for any tips...Best regards/Artur
I just went through that and have it running real nice now. Not too difficult.I made a new file in my Simobjects folder called AI Aircraft where I dumped all of my ai aircraft files, you have to add the line of code to the FSX cfg file, just look and you'll see under Simobjects in the cfg, (The cfg is hidden in the application data folder in c drive)I hunted down all of those single bitmaps for some of the aircraft that belong in the main texture folder.I downloaded Reggie Field's AI fix for the default AI so you don't have default airliners mixed up in your traffic. BTW you have to run his files through the converter too or FSX traffic will not appear.Download a bgl converter. I tried many and found this little utility to be the easiest to use: bglfpfsxconvert02.zipIt does the adjustment for the days too:) Will do all your files in a matter of moments.That's It!!!Now you may find that when you start up FS you may have multiple aircraft entries. Just go through them, mark them down and then go and remove those entries from your aircraft files. Don't worry they're duplicates.Only thing is for me I can't find my Challenger 604 ai in the sky, I think its because it may be an FS2000 aircraft........still looking, hmmmmMike