Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy006

Problems With The B747x

Guest johnfugl
Too bad Andy didn't update the thread with the solution. This is a problem that I have never experienced nor know a solution.
Hi All, I have the same problem- after approx 1 minute the display goes to -7500 ft ,this can be reset to correct alt. by pushing button on bara reset, but all other functions on the efis panel are frozen, ie you cannot select map mode or plan mode,. the horizon shows 2 red semi-vertical lines. in all other respects the aircraft accepts the FMC inputs and apparently flies the planned route, you simply cannot monitor it in the Map mode!Any suggestions, I have re-installed several times but the same problem?John

Until now no one could find any answer...and re-installing does not solve the thing...let's hope that someone can solve it and share with us

Dave, send an email to pmdg support (be sure to get an automated response to verify they got it) with a description of the problem. They will help you out within a day or two.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest jacojaco

I have the same trouble!it happens to me after installing the 2.10 update from thei website!Let us know if there is a solution to this problem! :(

Guest johnfugl
Well i've sent a e-mail to PMDG support let's hope they have a answer
Did you get a reply ?John

Yes.They send the software again but it seems not to solve anything in my case. Try to contact them and they will answer you mabye it works with you.David

Guest johnfugl

Hi David,I now cannot remove the PMDG 747X from my sim using the add/remove in the control panel, so I cannot re-install and the update just keeps trying to update the existing installation and now causes the sim to crash. I think I will call it a day. My FS9 version works fine!John. I wish you luck, I cannot find the reason ,and no one else has replied.

Well A few months have passed and no luck for me...it seems that a lot of people are havind the same problem..Hope the guys at PMDG soon realese some kind of patch that correct this...Take care

Well A few months have passed and no luck for me...it seems that a lot of people are havind the same problem..Hope the guys at PMDG soon realese some kind of patch that correct this...Take care
Another TWO years have passed and there seems to be still no solution! I have that very same problem and searched for a solution, but so far without success.So, PLEASE, if someone has found the way to solve this annoying problem, let us all know.THANK YOU!

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

Hi all, It's been 5 years and it seems PMDG did not give any reply to the user. I encountered this problem this year after switching to a new computer and I found the fix MYSELF without the help of PMDG. All you need to do is download the PMDG 747-400x -8 extension SP1, fixed all my problems. Hopes it does the same for you guys!