Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy006

Problems With The B747x

Guest Andy006

Hello everybody,i have found 1 Topic in these forum where an other user has the same Problem, but there weren't answers to fix them.I have the Problem that after about 1 minute my QNH will set to an altitude like -7000feet and i can't set it back, even all other Knobs in the EFIS didn't work then, i can't switch to Plan or map mode.Can anyone give me a tip how i can fix it??Thanks for the help!But now i have questions to the PMDG Programmer and the other guys there:1. Why do you still resist to give your perfect products the last finish and give them a Weather radar? Ok you say that the flight sim didn't give realistic Weather that the Radar could work realistic, but i think when i use Active sky the Weather in the FlightSim is realistic enough to use a WX-Radar and other Products have WX-Radar and Terrain Radar implemented that works fine for Flight simulation (We are not in real Aviation) like the Maddog2006 or the digital Aviation Fokker. And the other Hand i think when you say that the Simulation isn't well but they want a WX-Radar too, give it to them and they are happy and it increase the value of your Products.2. It is possible to realise a working acars System or make the System is Working with other Software? I think the way that the FMC Acars System is working to Communicate with the ACARS System of the software TopCat Take-Off & Landing Performance Calculating Tool www.topcatsim.com I mean when you work together with they Programmer they could be a great increase of Reality in the Flight simulation. they could make a server system of they software for Virtuel Airlines as example that could Communicate with the FMC in the Aircraft. Thats even increase the Value of your Products.That my thinks about your Product and how you could make your Products overall perfect for me.

QNH is a setting that is measured in millibars or inHg, I don't understand your problem statement referring to -7000 ft QNH. Are your displays going blank or are they non responsive?I highly recommend you keep your requests for help separate from a discussion on radar or acars, either of which is guaranteed to summon a flood of opinions. Your original request for help will get lost.Please read about forum rules above and provide a real name signature.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Andy006

Hi Dan, My Displays are still alive but i can Change modes. When the Problem beginns the QNH go to a value that the altimeter show -7000 feet, the QNH Select Knob are ineffective, when i stand on a Airport there is on 150feet. And the ND Switch goes to App/VOR Screen and i can't switch back to Map or Plan Mode. Even the Radius Selector for the ND do nothing.The EICAS Display show that i have select Flaps 30 but the lever stands on Flaps up and the Flaps are up.At this time i have no Internet so i can't reinstall to test, when my provider merge the technical Problems i test that but i don't know how long does that take.But i could make a Screenshot and show it here, my english are to worse to report the Problem correct here.I hope someone can give me a tip how can i solve it at the time i have no internet, because i will fly again.Many thanks Andreas Kirchmann

Your English is not a problem, I wish my German or Greek were as good as your English. But, let us take a few steps to understand the problem. We can start at the beginning and work from there until the problem appears.Do you have a problem with a brand new Create Flight? Select the 747 and airport, and select Clear Weather (this is no winds and standard barometric pressure). Does the simulation start okay on the selected runway with engines running and displays working correctly?If you can start the simulation okay, describe the steps you do to get to the first problem.If you have problems starting the simulation, we will work with that.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Andy006

I could start a new Flight with your option that you write. Then some Second or maybe 1minute after the altimeter shows -7000 feet and i could set another QNH not in the panel, not with the "b" key not over Shortcuts.The ND switch to APP View Mode and i can't switch back to another View Mode like Mapor Plan. I can't switch the Range of the ND.The PFD shows the Red Lines like a TCAS alert and in the EICAS is the Flap Dial Announciator is on 30 degrees (magenta line an 30) but the Flaps are up and the Flap lever is on position Flaps up.That's are the Problems. They affects in every Start types i start the flight, every Panel state, I start with a saved flight, it happens i create manualy a flight and it happens too.Or could at be affect because i have a Cold and dark Situation have saved as Standard flight.I delete it and test it if it appears without that standard flight when i'm back at home.

Did you have any problem during installation, and did the authenication work (where you enter order ID, email address and password)?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Andy006

The installation were without anyproblems, the authentification have works good, no problems that i've could see, maybee something in the background but i haven't become a error message or something.

<<Or could at be affect because i have a Cold and dark Situation have saved as Standard flight.I delete it and test it if it appears without that standard flight when i'm back at home. >>That is a good start, also do not make the 747 the default flight. I had problems with a PMDG being default (but it has been more than 3 months and my memory is bad) so I made the ultralight default and load all PMDG flights from saved flights or create new. Try this too.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest alexram

Also I have the same type of problem, the support of pmdg I do not answer to my email, I have acquired the pmdg 747x then I have demanded the support for a new installation, I have paid but no answer. Thanks of all service much special one. I would want to obtain an answer since I have paid and I cannot use the product :( :( :( B) B)

Also I have the same type of problem, the support of pmdg I do not answer to my email, I have acquired the pmdg 747x then I have demanded the support for a new installation, I have paid but no answer. Thanks of all service much special one. I would want to obtain an answer since I have paid and I cannot use the product :( :( :( B) B)
Two things: As noted above, they have been updating servers for 72 hours and may not have had a chance to get to you. Second, did you get an automated response from PMDG?? This is very important, because if you don't get an automated response then that means they don't have your request. Depending on your email POP, you may have to use a service such as google mail to get through to them; if you do, be sure to provide the email address you used when making the purchase.

Dan Downs KCRP

Andy,We have addressed the weather radar question numerous times here but I'll sumarize our position again - contrary to what other addon companies may tell you, it is NOT possible to realistically simulate weather radar in Flight Simulator. What other products are doing is essentially making a guess as to where there is rain based on cloud cover and type - the simulator does not provide any way to see where there is actual precipitation (rain, snow etc) falling from the clouds, which is what a weather radar shows. A lot of people seem to think radar shows you where clouds are - this is not true.On top of the technical realism issues, weather itself really has no effect on your aircraft in FS the way it does in real life. If you fly directly into a thunderstorm in FS, pretty much nothing happens. Do it in real life and you're probably going to die. Until FS actually simulates the dangers associated with weather, it's pretty pointless to sit here saying we "need" weather radar.We're not willing to simulate things that are at best a guess and not realistic. Hoepfully Microsoft changes the weather engine in FS11 and we'll be able to do it the right way. Believe me, it has nothing to do with not wanting to do it or not knowing how - we could very easily fake it, but we want to do it realistically when we finally do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest alexram

I could start a new Flight with your option that you write. Then some Second or maybe 1minute after the altimeter shows -7000 feet and i could set another QNH not in the panel, not with the "b" key not over Shortcuts.The ND switch to APP View Mode and i can't switch back to another View Mode like Mapor Plan. I can't switch the Range of the ND.The PFD shows the Red Lines like a TCAS alert and in the EICAS is the Flap Dial Announciator is on 30 degrees (magenta line an 30) but the Flaps are up and the Flap lever is on position Flaps up.this is my problem ................ like makes to resolve it. L' installation is correct, all procedures is corrected thaksssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Guest Andy006

Hi Dan, the test with the standard flight takes no effect, i have load the Standard Flight of the FSX, then create a flight but the problem is there too.At this time i havn't ideas how i can't resolve it.MFGAndreas KirchmannP.S.: Ryan i think you mean my post is an attack of you, your answer sound like it. I know about your opinion about Weather radar but i mean all time long we can read about "My wish is a WX Radar" why you give them a "cloud Position" WX-Radar Fake when they wish and you never read that wish again. And when you write that it is so easy to implement a fake in the ND why you do it. That is a fake or a not realistic WX Radar knows all simmers, you have say it lot of times, so they know that is not realistic and no one will trouble you. Or the other thing were, you sincerly know the RealityXP Merge with the 737NG in the FS9, some people have try it with the 747 in the FS9 but there are no chance because the 747 Gauge are to complex for the merge. Maybee one of your Programmer can give a tip how to do it and all they want to do could implement his WX Radar himself. I mean there no complete manual how to do but a tip how to open the Gauge and Edit the gauge(i don't know how other i can say it)

Hi Im new to this forum and to the PMDG (wich i think is a fantastic add-on even with the problems)And the main reason that i've registred is because i seem to have Andy's problem with my PMDG in FSX. I start a flight and a minute later (sometimes less) the altimeter shows -7500 or something, the red bars appear in the PFD, and the EICAS shows the flaps 30. It looks like those are the only problems but is very annoying for sure. I've tried to re-install the program, or to start the flight in various ways but always with the same result.Hope u guys can find a solution to help usThanks to allDavid

Too bad Andy didn't update the thread with the solution. This is a problem that I have never experienced nor know a solution.

Dan Downs KCRP