Sign in to follow this  

LAGO F-16 AOL Issue...

Guest FPSFREAK

I just received an E-mail from Mathijs asking me if I could let everyone know who has ordered the Falcon from LAGO and used an AOL E-mail address for the product key and had not recieved it yet that the issue was a problem w AOL and that LAGO and AOL have cleared the problem up. All those who are awaiting the key should already have it or be receiving it within the near future. If you are contemplating purchasing this plane by all means do it. Although there may be more realistic combat versions of the plane out there this is without a doubt one of the most realistic and beautiful planes to ever grace a flight sim. Not to mention that the customer support as I have found is second to none. Enjoy!!Bobby

Wauw ...This is about the best "freeware" publicity a company can get ..And about QUOTE this is without a doubt one of the most realistic and beautiful planes to ever grace a flight sim UNQUOTE:Maybe that's true. But my problem is that these kind of opinions hit the forum for practically every new (payware) plane that is released.Is the "quality bar" raised that much with every new aircraft ?This constant stream of "greatest" and "best ever" aircraft suggests that a great plane like the Falcon50 (just an example)must almost be outdated.Which I can't believe.RobPS. It's just a coincidence my comment appears in this thread, I could have picked another :-)

Guest FPSFREAK

Rob, If this is taken as a free advertisement for a payware company than so be it. Take the time, read all the posts about the subject here and at other forums and you will see that this was a serious issue. I recieved an Email from Mat. asking if I would mind doing this for him due to the response from mebers of this and other forums. I'm sorry you don't like the fact that some of my views don't sit well w you. Perhaps we should have more payware that gets horrible reviews. Would this make you happy. I gave my opinion. I wasn't paid for it. In fact it cost me almost $25. To answer your other statement about the quality bar being raised. Let me ask you a question. The 2003 Z06 Corvette has been called the greatest Vette to ever be built. Does this make any other version not as great?. No. It makes them different. The Falcon is in a different category of airplane. I own it and Fly it on a regular basis. Do I like it any less now that I own the Falcon F-16?. No why should I? I'm sorry you feel that I am advertising for LAGO. That was not my intention. By the way.....Why did you choose to post your opinion here? :-hmmm Bobby

Hi Bobby,Sorry if I sounded a bit cynical; if I was, it wasn't intended your way; that's why I said that "it was just coincidental".I was just trying (clumsy perhaps) to make a point, although you set me straight in pointing out there are different categories of planes.What keeps amazing me (as a regular visitor of this forum) are those people that praise a new addon they bought skyhigh, and a few threads later blabering on (if that's English :-) )that they can't wait for this-and-that addon to be released, including FS2K4.Which makes me wonder if they do more than just scratch the surface of exploring all the features of what they just bought.And if they do go in-depth, for how long ?I have a whole hanger full of "great" planes, which could take me another year trying to mastering them all; and that also applies to all the possibilities of FS2K2 itself :-)Again, I'm sorry if you felt it was directed at you personally; I now realize another thread would have been more appropriate for my observation :-)Regards, Rob

>Is the "quality bar" raised that much with every new >aircraft ? >This constant stream of "greatest" and "best ever" aircraft >suggests that a great plane like the Falcon50 (just an >example)must almost be outdated. >Which I can't believe. Freeware and commercial authors will certainly try raise the bar with each release. And I personally believe that a commercial aircraft has no place in the market if it does not do something that has not been done before. I respect a company like Wilco for doing such things even when they might be stretching the envelope a bit further then most customers like. But at least they make progress, the propel this hobby. If we (as in LAGO) can do the same we are happy. But it is often the freeware guys with the almost unlimited resources that can do something we can't. The Falcon (not ours:-) is a good example of that. On the other hand, it is a normal human behavior that the moment you spend money on something you want others to do the same. If they also like it it enforces the feeling you made a correct choice. It's something a company that works online with a highly interactive group of users depends on.FYI, the problem we had yesterday was a very nasty one. Two companies who maintain spam lists that are used by AOL, BT-Internet and many other ISP's decided (yet unknown why) that a whole subnet had to be blocked. This included our company and many other companies. After frantic telephone calls they admitted they were wrong and are trying to undo their work. We worked the whole day to get the codes out to the customers manually (this these things always happen when we are selling a lot, never when it's quiet) and had to move a server to another location to get it out of the range of the spam blockers. An expensive and long day, just because somebody typed 4 numbers in a file. Somedays I dislike the unregulated internet so much...Mathijs KokLAGO