Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

What Msfs Version Are You Using Now

FS9 or FSX  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. What MSFS Version do you use for airline addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for airline addons
    • FSX exclusively for airline addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for airline addons
    • I don't fly airlines in MSFS
  2. 2. What MSFS Version do you use for light aircraft addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • FSX exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for light aircraft addons
    • I don't fly light aircraft in MSFS

Captains,This is just an informal poll to get a better idea of what simulator version our customers are currently using. Your participation is welcome and appreciated! :( Best,VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

still FS9 all the way for me untill i can afford a rig that can run fsx better than my old box does right now hehebest regardsTobi

FSX and FS2002 for me, some of us long term customers never bothered with the minor bug-fix that was FS9 :(

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Exclusively FS9 Sir!!! With the way the FS9 market is going I have no intention of changing it.Happy simmingEDIT: I hope this poll will affect the compatabilities of your future add-ons, he he he :(

Normally I am exclusively FS9.... except I use FSX to fly the MD-11. Once the FS9 version comes out I will predominantly return to FS9 but no doubt I will continue to dabble with FSX.

Guest Alias

I would say 90% FS9, 1% FSX...and remaining 9%? To install, uninstall, format, reinstall FSX trying to find the best performance.

Guest GAMER

This proves what I have always known to be true that FS9 is still alive and well and developers would be wise not to abandon it.Michael P.

Guest sean maxwell

FS9. I bought FSX when it first came out, but I have so much invested in scenery etc. in FS9 that I use it all the time.Sean

FS9. I bought FSX when it first came out, but I have so much invested in scenery etc. in FS9 that I use it all the time.Sean
That explains why I use FSX for the most part. My prior investment was lost in a system failure that also corrupted by backup image, so faced with having to reinvest I am sticking to FSX except for the 737NG which I use for sidstar procedure testing and of course beta testing the MD11 in FS9. I like having a load manger that talks to the airplane and there is also the advanced animations, cockpit lighting variations, etc. As far complaints go, I was happy flying the 747 in FSX with my old system (P4 2Gb mem and 256Mb video) but I agree it wasn't great. My biggest beef is with both FS9 and FSX having such a horrible weather generator... OMG, there is no excuse for the lack of progress in this area since FS98.

Dan Downs KCRP

Agree re the weather engine. I won't be purchasing FS11 unless the weather is given a major re-work.With advanced airports, aircraft, Active Sky maxed out and Ultimate Terrain, I can bring FS9 almost to it's knees. With FSX on my current rig, I am forced to reduce the sliders so that the scenery looks worse than FS2002. I have no real desire to upgrade the computer just to run FSX. If I was going to spend that sort of money, I'd rather invest in a cheap PC and monitors and use a small network to run Project Magenta.

FS9 until there comes another MFS version that will bring the breaking changes I hope for. And it is not FSX.Plus, like many others here, I have a bag full of FS9 addons which make it almost a perfect sim.Best regards,Rafal

Guest GAMER
That explains why I use FSX for the most part. My prior investment was lost in a system failure that also corrupted by backup image, so faced with having to reinvest I am sticking to FSX except for the 737NG which I use for sidstar procedure testing and of course beta testing the MD11 in FS9. I like having a load manger that talks to the airplane and there is also the advanced animations, cockpit lighting variations, etc. As far complaints go, I was happy flying the 747 in FSX with my old system (P4 2Gb mem and 256Mb video) but I agree it wasn't great. My biggest beef is with both FS9 and FSX having such a horrible weather generator... OMG, there is no excuse for the lack of progress in this area since FS98.
Can you tell us you're results in testing the FS9 person, do you feel that it is close to ready?Michael P.