Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

What Msfs Version Are You Using Now

FS9 or FSX  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. What MSFS Version do you use for airline addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for airline addons
    • FSX exclusively for airline addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for airline addons
    • I don't fly airlines in MSFS
  2. 2. What MSFS Version do you use for light aircraft addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • FSX exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for light aircraft addons
    • I don't fly light aircraft in MSFS

Best in a separate thread so Vin can get his survey; however, the progress over the past couple days has been significant and we are all hoping to start B4 very soon then a RC (release candidate).

Dan Downs KCRP

FS9 but I did re-install FSX since I bought the MD11 and wanted to have a peek at what to expect when it arrives for FS9.Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

FSX for me.It used to be only FS9, but once I actually spent some time with FSX, I can't see myself ever going back to FS9 for personal use.

Guest GAMER
Best in a separate thread so Vin can get his survey; however, the progress over the past couple days has been significant and we are all hoping to start B4 very soon then a RC (release candidate).
What is Beta 4? is that the final check to make sure everything works well?Michael P.

I only have laptops so it is FS9 for me. An ACER Ferrari with Igb RAM and only 128Mb of video memory runs FS9 and addons like PMDG's 747, VOZ 1.7 and Flight Environment for the weather beautifully even with 80% traffic enabled.Gerry

Guest mukesh

Using FS9 i have no plans on ever investing in FSX,Period.Maybe with FS11 Mukesh

Guest GAMER

I was so excited to get FSX, but after seeing the horrible performance I quickly came to the realization that I just don't have enough computer to run it and looking ad the specs, I realized the price of admission will be at least $3000.Michael P.

Much less than $3000. I put together a system for less than $2000: Q9650 quad 3MHz ASUS Rampage Formula mobo, 4GHz Corsair DDR2 memory, 750W Corsair pwr supply, ATI4870 512MB video, 10,000rpm 300GB Raptor harddrive plus second 1TB harddrive and also got a new case and a couple of optical drives. I did spend more than that so I could have a new OS and Office suite, but the hardware from newegg was less than expected. Now, most of us don't have an extra $2000 either but at least be fair with your excuse.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest GAMER
Much less than $3000. I put together a system for less than $2000: Q9650 quad 3MHz ASUS Rampage Formula mobo, 4GHz Corsair DDR2 memory, 750W Corsair pwr supply, ATI4870 512MB video, 10,000rpm 300GB Raptor harddrive plus second 1TB harddrive and also got a new case and a couple of optical drives. I did spend more than that so I could have a new OS and Office suite, but the hardware from newegg was less than expected. Now, most of us don't have an extra $2000 either but at least be fair with your excuse.
Cool, I just don't want to build a system. I just want to buy one ready to go out of the box.

FS9 for 95% of all add-ons I have and FSX for the balance.I guess this survey starts to show where the priorities of developers should have been placed. Hopefully they will learn from this and pay more attention to their core customers in the future,Best regards

With the imminent release ( the sooner the more gooder ) of the MD11 and the announcement of the NGX being FS9 also, PMDG knows its customers. I have too many addons to switch to FSX. FSX doesn't have enough to make me want to switch. Richie

Richie Walsh

I used to fly FS9 a alot, got a taste of FSX when it came but my system couldnt handle it with addons (barely without addons) so I pretty much stopped simming for over a year and went on with my other passions.Recently bought a new system that handles FSX with all my mods very nicely and I will never look back.

Guest GAMER

To switch to FSX is like starting over.Michael P.