Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

What Msfs Version Are You Using Now

FS9 or FSX  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. What MSFS Version do you use for airline addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for airline addons
    • FSX exclusively for airline addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for airline addons
    • I don't fly airlines in MSFS
  2. 2. What MSFS Version do you use for light aircraft addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • FSX exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for light aircraft addons
    • I don't fly light aircraft in MSFS

This survey is so old now, that I doubt it is an accurate representation any more...At the beginning of the survey I would have answered FS9 only if I had done it back then. Now I answered both for both basic flight types... as I run a dual installation... getting the best (I can) of both worlds...They both have their merits, and I enjoy using both...End of story...Andrew

Guest BlueRidgeDx

As much as I would love for this thread to fade away, I just can't help myself...If you agree with the statements, "Long live BOTH sims", and/or "FS9 is dandy, why switch...," maybe it would help to look at things slightly differently. It's a FACT that it takes a significant amount of time to "dumb down" an FSX product to be compatible with FS9. Similarly, nobody wants FS9 technology ported into FSX. By voting with your wallet and not buying FSX addons, you're forcing developers to split their efforts into supporting 2 widely differing variants of the simulator, and as a result we (consumers) are getting half the number of addons, and they (developers) are getting half the profit for their effort.While it might sound nice to say "long live both sims", that attitude could actually be contributing to the death of both. Pick one sim and "save" it. In this case, the developers have made it clear that they have far more creative freedom, far greater potential, and far fewer internal limitations with FSX. Combine that with the fact that $600 computers can now run FSX extrememely well, and it's really a no brainer.

This survey is so old now, that I doubt it is an accurate representation any more...At the beginning of the survey I would have answered FS9 only if I had done it back then. Now I answered both for both basic flight types... as I run a dual installation... getting the best (I can) of both worlds...They both have their merits, and I enjoy using both...End of story...Andrew
Andrew- Yes, the survey has limitations - notably, because you can vote only once, it doesn't reflect changes in use from one sim to the other- ie FS9>FSX or FSX>FS9. However it does continue to receive new votes.For what it's worth, on the question "What is your primary sim?"- 1st time voters since Jan01/10 show 23 votes for FS9 and 8 votes for FSX.I leave any interpretation to others.Alex Reid

FSX only,Because I have the system now. Could never go back.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guys there's no point in bringing back such an old thread - the poll will not be accurate, and even if it still shows FS9 being dominant, we've explained many times why we don't trust this type of polling. This poll showed a huge advantage for FS9 and when we release the MD-11, the sales were the exact inverse of it - tons of people saying they use FS9, but hardly anyone actually buying the airplane. FSX version outsold it 3 to 1.If you guys want to make a new poll for 2010, that's fine, but we are not going to base any decisions off of it because it bit us in the &@($* the last time...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com