Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

What Msfs Version Are You Using Now

FS9 or FSX  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. What MSFS Version do you use for airline addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for airline addons
    • FSX exclusively for airline addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for airline addons
    • I don't fly airlines in MSFS
  2. 2. What MSFS Version do you use for light aircraft addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • FSX exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for light aircraft addons
    • I don't fly light aircraft in MSFS

I'll be sticking with FS9 all the way up to FS11. FSX just isn't a viable investment. One, I do not have the funds to purchase a new computer that would run it at the speeds I get with FS9 and then re-purchase addons. And two, I'm perfectly happy with FS9 and I don't see FSX as an attraction because it is hardly a huge step-up in terms of simulation features.

I'm sticking with FS9 as have a laptop for uni can't afford to change, despite Moore's law - the cost of a computer is a lot to a lowly medical student when you don't have enough time to work, and still have to run a car, buy books etc. + feed oneself

"All one can safely say is that in 10 years time we shall look back to today and wonder at how crude things were.Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods "I dont need to wait 10 years. I can look at FS9 and see how crude it is. I also doubt that this poll reflects PMDG sales at all! If it did, they probably wouldn't be in buisness anymore along with the othe devs making only FSX products. You FS9ers are starting to sound like the global warming crowd, just because your loud about it, it must be true.Willy

You FS9ers are starting to sound like the global warming crowd, just because your loud about it, it must be true.
Sure, you're right. We have nothing else to do but sit in front of our monitors and sacrifice our time to convince you FSXers. While you (millions of FSXers) fly, we love to be loud. That's our hobby!Best regards,Rafal

Guest GAMER
"All one can safely say is that in 10 years time we shall look back to today and wonder at how crude things were.Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods "I dont need to wait 10 years. I can look at FS9 and see how crude it is. I also doubt that this poll reflects PMDG sales at all! If it did, they probably wouldn't be in buisness anymore along with the othe devs making only FSX products. You FS9ers are starting to sound like the global warming crowd, just because your loud about it, it must be true.Willy
No we just don't have a ton of money to pour into a new system that can run FSX at at least 30 to 40 FPS and make it look good with no stuttering, not many machines can do that for under $2000 unless you build it, then there is no warranty. I would use FSX if I could run it.Michael P.

unless you build it, then there is no warranty. I would use FSX if I could run it.Michael P.
I am keeping out of this FS9 vs FSX debate (I am a FSX user soley now), but as for custom built machines you still have all the part warrenties, plus most you can usually (depending on where you buy) can get the supplier to put the system together for a low fee and they give you a year build warrenty. Personally I always build custom machines, much better value for money.Jay.

I am keeping out of this FS9 vs FSX debate (I am a FSX user soley now), but as for custom built machines you still have all the part warrenties, plus most you can usually (depending on where you buy) can get the supplier to put the system together for a low fee and they give you a year build warrenty. Personally I always build custom machines, much better value for money.Jay.
For real ,everyone. To all FSX users, THE TRUTH. All us FS9 users would consider switching tomorrow if we could bring ALL our FS9 addons to FSX for FREE. I dont think that is going to happen. Don't know if FS11 will work as most of us are saying it will because Im sure the FS9 addons will not work in FS11. As I have said in earlier post there is too much good payware and freeware made and still being made for FS9. FS11 will have to introduce something far greater than a better weather maker. I currently have ActiveSky in FS9. Well MSFS hope you are listing to the forums.Carl P.

Well, this poll shows nothing. Not all PMDG customers visit this forum or they do not care about any polls and they just read. Aerosoft did make a poll like this some weeks ago with exactly opposite results - the most of their customers use and buy FSX products and they are not only hard-core aircraft addon buyers but most of them also buy scenery addon's, utilities etc. So, where's the truth?What makes me upset is that the majority of FS9 users who criticize FSX don't have any or a very little experience with FSX. They have read some (mostly) ungrounded "opinions" on FSX, they don't use it and so it must be a piece of cr*p. I have used FS9 for about three years, I bought many addon's for it and last year I switched to FSX, so it has been almost two years with FSX for me and I don't regret my choice at all. The visual appearance is very important to me, as it makes my feeling of "really being there" much stronger and in this field FSX is the winner without any doubt (FS9 engine has its limits and that's a plain fact). Nothing can beat FSX with UTX or FTX (inside any PMDG aircraft, of course ;-) at the moment and that's just one thing of many why I would never go back to FS9. But I understand people who stick with FS9. However, I don't tell them that they use a piece of s..t and I expect the same from them...Marek

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Difference between FS9 and global warming, Willy, is preference and fact respectively.

Ahoj, Marek

Well, this poll shows nothing. Not all PMDG customers visit this forum or they do not care about any polls and they just read.
That is true about all simmers, also FS9 users. But statistics show that still most of those who are here use FS9. Do you consider it a conspiracy?
Aerosoft did make a poll like this some weeks ago with exactly opposite results
Could you point us to this poll and its results, please? :)I, personally, have never told anyone FSX is c..p. I do own FSX (it was a gift) and gave it a try twice.I have quite a good PC (built a few months ago).Yes, I have tones of addons for FS9, many payware.But I would theoretically be willing to switch to FSX if it brought any significant changes I hoped for.All that changes, as I see it, is the visuals. Nice, I admit, but not crucial for me. Just not worth switching at all.And I know it's similar for many other simmers. That's why we say we're waiting for FS11. Not to show you you are wrong...And I also find these discussions a bit pointless.Especially that I've been in PC flight simulation ever since it started and I've seen so many of them.Best regards,Rafal

You really should consider learning to build your own machines - you'll get much better hardware at lower prices. I can build something that performs as well or better than those pre-built "gamer" companies like Alienware or Falcon for half the cost or less... It's really not that hard to do, there's an initial learning curve, but once you learn it once you'll be able to do it over and over with no problem. It also makes you a much better troubleshooter and whatnot since you know exactly what's in the machine and how it all works together etc.
Ryan,Can you point us to a very good tutorial that shows exactly how to build and overclock a gaming PC?If not, I know its a tall order, but perhaps you can write a guide for flight simmers.regards,Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guest keiron

This FS9 & FSX debate is similar to what I see in many flightsimulation forums. Its totally pathetic as many users from both sims just act like complete morons to each other. I cant understand where the bitterness comes from.FS9 users moan when there's FSX only products. FSX users moan because they seem to think FS9 users should spend money (because money grows on trees for all) and upgrade to an FSX capable machine.FS9 users demand dual platform addons or in some cases demand FS9 only products because apparently there is no market for FSX users.FSX users demand FSX only products and let the FS9 users be punished for not upgrading to FSXThere's just zero thought from either side. Weirdos :(

Couldn't agree with you more Keiron... It's a Joke how people get so upset about it. I run FS9 and FSX both have good points and bad points... You know sometimes I put it down to Kids being kids until I read there profile and they are grown adults..Rob

Rob Prest