Sign in to follow this  
JohnE

Fsx W/triple Head To Go

Ok this is driving me mad! It seems no matter what I tweak config or sliders I can never get above single digits in built up areas or large airports. To start out I'm currently running:E8500 IntelASUS P5Q MB4GB G-Skill RAMEVGA 9800x2500gbWD Caviar+ 500gbWD MyBookVista X64 (Home)My FSX installation has all od FTX plus REX.It seems no matter what I change or where I fly (default or FTX) I always get the same results with ALL aircraft 5-9 fps in built up areas 20-35 in rural areas. I've read many tips hear and tried quite a few but I think its my TH2G thats making it so unbalanced! Is anyone running this hardware at a decent clip? Am I missing something? I do have an 8800GTS in my other CPU would I get better performance by downgrading?John

JohnE, We all need a little more info first like what Ghz are you running the E8500 at and do you have SP2/Acceleration installed - also, have you followed any of Nick N.'s improvements? What resolution are you trying to run the monitors at - 1680x1050 x 3 or maybe just 1280x1024 x 3? What settings are you using for AI traffic (minimal, I hope to start with). But before any of that, just run a single monitor (maybe at 1680x1050 or so) WITHOUT the TH2Go and test your system - speed(fps) and ground texture clarity. Shoot for at least locked at 30 fps in an area like Palm Springs airport where a lot of us get 60fps easy. If you get at least 30, then go back to using the TH2Go - the frames per second should drop only 3->5 fps if your video card can handle the increased fill rate. On a GTX280, I was able to get the 3->5 fps drop from single monitor to TH2Go at 1680x1050 x 3.Good LuckDave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Dave thanks for replying. I'm running at stock speeds 3.16 with sp2/acceleration @3840x800 resolution. I have AI traffic at 20% and 11% for road, ferries & ships. I have tried many of NickN's tweaks but they don't seem to do anything either way with the exception of [bufferpoolsize] I currently use 5000000 but tried higher and blue screened. I have tried it on a single monitor and reached as high as 55 and as low as 23 near NYC thats why I'm thinking its my TH2G.One thing right off I know is I don't seem to have the WS firmware update installed properly because I do not have 1680x1050 x 3 as an option. The highest res option I get is 4840x1024 which results in a slide show. I've installed and reinstalled it 3 times and even tried drivers from Guru3d but it never seems to take properly or I'm doing something wrog! Matrox support is not very helpful at all.

I'm running at stock speeds 3.16 with sp2/acceleration @3840x800 resolution. --------------------------John- I know very little about FSX or TH2Go- but your resolution setting seems odd to me. My understanding of Th2Go is that it merely spreads a single monitor image over 3 monitors. I would have expected that your resolution might have been set more like perhaps 1280x1024. And that single monitor image is then stretched over the three mons via TH2Go. Your 3840 res setting will certainly use a lot of horsepower!Alex Reid

Thanks for the link Pasterke, It got me going in the right direction! Can't believe Matrox doesn't have its own support forum.January, the res per monitor is 3x1280x800 add the width together and you get 3840. The widescreen native resolution I'm not getting is actually 3x 1680x1050 or 5040x1050.