Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

New FLL Scenery

I just downloaded the new FLL scenery in the library. All I can say is WOW! Very well done. I used to fly that area for many years and this is one of the best improvements I have seen to any area. The author, Michael Ruehl, has corrected MANY things that was wrong in the default sim. He even included the draw-bridges along the Intercoastal, and yes, they do work! If you are a South Florida aviator, this IS the scenery for you. Hey Mikey...how about doing North Perry???? (hint-hint) :) Thanks Michael for such great work!!!!!Don Moser

i agree! i lived in Ft Lauderdale for 3 yrs and spent alot of time flying and spotting at KFLL. very nice job! the SE 17th street drawbridge is outstanding. now, even the FPL stacks look incredibly real!thanks for your work!chris

As my good friend Butthead used to say, "This is the coolest thing I have ever seen."Love the drawbridges.

Guest frankcubillos

Here here for a job suberbly done! Way to go amigo!! :-beerchug---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Guest Captain Barfbag

Has anyone else had trouble with this scenery? It looks fine, but when I try to taxi I keep getting "Building Crash" out in the open. I tried again and the plane (default 737) reared up like it it hit a bump, then sunk into the asphalt a few feet further on.

I don't want to sound like a dummy, but after I loaded the scenery, I ended up having a humongous "building" sticking out in the ocean just offshore.Anyone else see this thing? Made me delete the scenery.Just too annoying.gwillmot

It's hell on my fps. (I have an ancient 1Ghz/TNT64)I can't pick up the VOR signal past about 15 miles.

Yes, I saw that too. I flew there ... it's actually a contour problem ... it's a great hole, surrounded by ridges of water .... great fun with a helo!But instead of deleting fantastic scenery because of an error of this kind, why on earth not write to the designer and point it out?It is great scenery otherwise. MS had the Intracoastal quite nicely done in FS2000 but it disappeared in FS2002 at KFLL ... God knows why. This puts everything to rights and the author has extended his work well north ... I took an F-16 under all the bridges last night at 50', 800 knots. Hey, this is flightsim ....Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I don't have any of those problems guys. Drop him a line and ask about it. Mine looks fantastic and performs great. I am running a 2 gig, but I have so much AI running at FLL, I couldn't tell if a FPS drop would be from it or the scenery. It affected the default as well. When I say AI, I mean AI! LOL! I usually have at least 30-40 planes on the ground at any given time. That slows it down some. But again, write the man. The scenery is worth persuing a fix to work on your system.Don

Guest Captain Barfbag

Actually, my first thought WAS to contact the author, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. There is clearly one of the taxiways that has some uneven elevations below it. I've played a bit with putting in some flatten and exclude areas, but all that has done is introduce missing and/or flashing aprons.This really is nice scenery, good enough to suffer with the framerates. Providing the second overlay for GA aircraft is a nice touch. Hopefully, the author is working on a fix for the uneven taxiways so we can all enjoy Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break!

Yes, this scenery is very nice but I to have the famous building crashes as well. Taxi my Jetblue A320 to the gate and before you get to the stop bar, you crash. I hope the author fixes this cause I love flying into here.

Eric 

Hey all, this is Mike. In addition to continuing the South Florida scenery by moving onto PBI, Im working on resolving some of these bugs, and I apologize for them as I havent had problems in my testing. Im in the process of making all the buildings in gmax now to eliminate the building crash phenomenon, along with a couple other modifications. Hopefully Ill have this done in a week or two so that the scenery is actually usable by those having the problems. Anyways, for those who are enjoying it, thanks for all the compliments, and Ill keep working so that I can please everyone.

Hooray. Since I live halfway between FLL and PBI this would be awesome.

Thanks so much Mike for your awesome, awesome (continuing) work, for now I just park my Air Ja A320 someplace other than H2 to avoid the building crashAll i need now is more horsepower! LOLBest Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hey Mike,Wonderful to hear that you are redoing it in GMAX. Another popular freeware author, Shez, released his KDCA in GMAX and it is great on framerates and it offers more detail than with his previous non-GMAX version. I just disable crash detection now when flying into FLL. You have done a great service to this airport with your scenery. Also very happy to see that you are doing PBI. Seems like you are doing all the Jetblue destinations in South Florida and I could not be happier with that!! Looking forward to your upcoming scenery Mike. Keep up the great work!P.S. For those that want to know what kind of scenery is possible with GMAX, please go to this page here: http://flightinfo.ens.ne.jp/sfs/It is a Japenese freeware site for FS2002 scenery of Japan's airports. Click on the "Scenery" button on the left hand side. You will notice that one of the sceneries received the Flightsim Gold Seal (it is Narita-Tokyo for those that cannot read Japenese). The passenger gates used in this scenery is some of the best renditions I have ever seen freeware or payware.

Eric