Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

New FLL Scenery

Guest Captain Barfbag

Hey, IceGator, there's something about PBI that really bothers some of us. There is a built-in problem (from Mr. Gates) with the taxiway lights. When they come on at dusk, the frame rate goes way down. I was typically running at around 20 FPS, but right at dusk the rate dropped below 5 and stayed there. I poked around, but I only found 2 solutions - put in an exclude that eliminated all the taxiways (with their lighting) or only fly into PBI in the daytime.This would be a great thing for those of us who fly to PBI. I'll be there next week (Spring Break for my daughter!) but this time I'll be "flying analog" on Southwest.

Ive read about problems at PBI, and that framerate bug at PBI was partly the reason for me deciding to tackle that airport. Since there isnt as much AI there Im also going to try making it more detailed, assuming I can ever find good pictures to use for reference.

Guest RiddlePilot

Am I stupid, or am I not the only one that can't find this file in the library?

Guest RiddlePilot

Aaah, ok. I wasn't looking far enough back in the new files. I thought it was uploaded in the last 2 or 3 days. Thanks

Hi Mike...again! Glad to hear you are going to do PBI. It needs it bad. I could keep you busy for a long time just doing from Mia to Pbi! Like I told you before, those are my old stomping grounds for real world flying. I am certainly enjoying what you did with Fll. It's good to be back "home".Don

Dont think Ill be doing much at MIA since SimFlyers has it under construction. Ill probably just be extending the Intracoastal to Biscayne Bay, since theres alot of water to add to get up to the new PBI scenery.As for the FLL update, the 4 terminals have been completed in gmax, and has solved the building crashes. I just need to realign the ramp markings, the AFCAD gate placements, and try to make the road system and ramp lights look a bit better.

Since you aren't going to do Mia as you had mentioned, maybe you could do North Perry instead! LOL! I don't care what you do. I know I will enjoy it where ever it is. You do great work.Don

Mike,How is the updated FLL scenery coming? Thanks

Eric 

Guest product

Hi All,Could someone point me to the link in the library for this scenery? I wasn't able to locate it. Thanks!Best,Joel

Just do a search using KFLL and you will find it.

Eric 

Guest product

Thanks, for some reason it wasn't showing up with just "FLL".Joel

As an addendum....I reloaded the scenery, and the "building" in the Atlantic disappeared. I enjoy very nice frame rates, but I too am crashing into thin air.....gwillmot>I don't want to sound like a dummy, but after I loaded the>scenery, I ended up having a humongous "building" sticking out>in the ocean just offshore.>Anyone else see this thing? Made me delete the scenery.>Just too annoying.>gwillmot>