Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

Vector Map Taxiways/runways Positioned West Of Acft.

Guest 3cffts

When I try taxiing using the zoomed in vector map (shift+M, then options/use icons-on then off), (to see which turn to take when there are many taxi turns - this is in the USA) I find that the acft representation is almost always 150 to 200 feet east of where it should be on the zoomed vector map taxiway/runway.... If I look forward over the instrument panel I am on the taxiway/runway center-line. Does anyone know how to correct this error I have which seems to occur all over the continental U.S. ?Best wishes to all in the Fly! forum for the festive season.Brian.

When I try taxiing using the zoomed in vector map (shift+M, then options/use icons-on then off), (to see which turn to take when there are many taxi turns - this is in the USA) I find that the acft representation is almost always 150 to 200 feet east of where it should be on the zoomed vector map taxiway/runway.... If I look forward over the instrument panel I am on the taxiway/runway center-line. Does anyone know how to correct this error I have which seems to occur all over the continental U.S. ?Best wishes to all in the Fly! forum for the festive season.Brian.
Brian,I don't know the answer to this one, but I will note that I don't have the same issue with US airports. I see this occasionally, maybe 1 airport out of 10, but most of the taxiway alignments are correct. I would expect that the alignment issue on the problem airports may be an inaccuracy in the taxiway files/vector map reference. The taxiway data is aligned with the airport using the airport center/official geographic location. If this center reference is off, the taxiways will not properly align with the runways. When someone moves an airport, sometimes necessary for accuracy or updating, the taxiways also receive this new reference and should still maintain the proper alignment.It could be that some of these airports were adjusted from the default position and the taxiways moved with them. Maybe the vector map is still tied into the original reference and indicates a discrepancy? Now, if this happens with all US airports for you, then it has to be something unique to your installation. With Rich being gone, we may never know. Hopefully, someone with a lot more knowledge on the interplay of these systems can respond.

Randall Rocke