Sign in to follow this  
Guest AL_Kaiser

Gmax Material Help!

Guest AL_Kaiser

I've been away from Aircraft creation in Flightsim for several years now,a nd recently got the bug again.I am having trouble with one problem though. I have my Cockpit windows painted on the body (Instead of cutting them out) and am trying to figure how to make them transparent while making the rest of the fuselage on the same texture Shine. Is there a way to do this without cutting out the windows? Here is a pic showing what I am talking about. dfb082fb94f6089e5f1ea52a471d76402g.jpg

Al, transparency & shine are both controlled by the alpha layer in the texture. You can have one or the other, but not both. It's time to start cutting...Looks like you have a good start :(

Guest AL_Kaiser
Al, transparency & shine are both controlled by the alpha layer in the texture. You can have one or the other, but not both. It's time to start cutting...Looks like you have a good start :(
Reading in the SDK it says you can use the alpha of the diffuse map for Transparancy, and the Alpha in the Spec map for shine. Says you need to set it to do it, but doesnt tell you what you need to change in the material dialog.

Reading in the SDK it says you can use the alpha of the diffuse map for Transparancy, and the Alpha in the Spec map for shine. Says you need to set it to do it, but doesnt tell you what you need to change in the material dialog.
The alpha in the specular map controls the specular effect, not the reflection. I'd suggest staying with this over at ffds as there is a good section on materials there :(

Guest AL_Kaiser
The alpha in the specular map controls the specular effect, not the reflection. I'd suggest staying with this over at ffds as there is a good section on materials there :(
Responded to you over there. Thanks for the help.