Sign in to follow this  
canadiantree

Help With Vancouver

Hi all,Well I just installed Vancouver+ and, while the downtown core looks great, the rest of the city area looks off, basically green with trees and roads, is this normal???I've attached screenshots of my scenery library and the scenery itself, I don't have a whole lot installed in terms of add ons, just Vancouver+, CYYC Demo version, Zvartnots 2008 and Real CDG in terms of airport add ons, as per the scenery library below.I checked page 22 of the manual and seems like everything is in order...?Any help would be greatly appreciated as I live in Vancouver right now and would love to see its beauty in Flight Sim :-)

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

Unrelated, you need to have AES at the top of your list.Also, maybe some screen shots of what your seeing.

Unrelated, you need to have AES at the top of your list.Also, maybe some screen shots of what your seeing.
I thought I did post screenshots? Do you not see them? I'll try putting AES on top :)

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

I thought I did post screenshots? Do you not see them? I'll try putting AES on top :)
I'm talking about shots of the actual scenery.FSAddon does have a great support forum. I suggest you take some screen shots of your in game problems you speak of and post them over there.

Guest RonB49
I'm talking about shots of the actual scenery.FSAddon does have a great support forum. I suggest you take some screen shots of your in game problems you speak of and post them over there.
Hi altstiff, He did post screen shots but they are to the right of his post. Scroll horizonytally. I don't know how he did that. It makes the post reallllllllllllllllllllly wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.R-

Guest RonB49
Hi altstiff, He did post screen shots but they are to the right of his post. Scroll horizonytally. I don't know how he did that. It makes the post reallllllllllllllllllllly wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.R-

I do not know how this happened, I just uploaded them to the avsim server at the end of my post :(

Hi Liam,it looks to me as if you're using a ground texture replacement set and that seems to display those green forest(?) textures where urban textures should be used. I'd suggest reverting back to the default ground textures or to use a replacement set that doesn't alter the thematic content of a specific texture type.Cheers, Holger

Hi Liam,it looks to me as if you're using a ground texture replacement set and that seems to display those green forest(?) textures where urban textures should be used. I'd suggest reverting back to the default ground textures or to use a replacement set that doesn't alter the thematic content of a specific texture type.Cheers, Holger
Thank you very much Holger, yes I have various textures sets, from FScene 2004 to other individual ones, but I don't know if I like them, I guess I thought that the Vancouver+ textures should override those? How to I revert back to the default ground textures without doing a total reinstall? Would reinstalling, say FScene potentially solve the problem? I think those are ground textures, not sure though, I'm still kind of new when it comes to all the various components of Flight Sim...Thanks again :-)

Thank you very much Holger, yes I have various textures sets, from FScene 2004 to other individual ones, but I don't know if I like them, I guess I thought that the Vancouver+ textures should override those? How to I revert back to the default ground textures without doing a total reinstall? Would reinstalling, say FScene potentially solve the problem? I think those are ground textures, not sure though, I'm still kind of new when it comes to all the various components of Flight Sim...Thanks again :-)
K, reinstalling FScene got rid of the grassy textures but now I don't know whether the city textures are those FScene or Vancouver+... The downtown core and the farm land looks like Vancouver+ so I'm guessing so is the rest?

Hi Liam,Vancouver+ doesn't actually include custom ground textures with the exception of a texture set that simulates the forestry cutblocks in the mountains and a different set of rock textures. Instead, it uses a very detailed land class file that tells the sim where to place specific texture types: city, suburban, forest, etc. I know that we have quite a few users that have FScene textures installed and the two seem to work together fine. If you got rid of the green forest within city limits then you should be OK.Vancouver+ does include a couple of photoreal areas, one of them being downtown and the other Pitt Meadows airport, and those will locally override the FScene ground textures.Cheers, Holger

Hi Liam,Vancouver+ doesn't actually include custom ground textures with the exception of a texture set that simulates the forestry cutblocks in the mountains and a different set of rock textures. Instead, it uses a very detailed land class file that tells the sim where to place specific texture types: city, suburban, forest, etc. I know that we have quite a few users that have FScene textures installed and the two seem to work together fine. If you got rid of the green forest within city limits then you should be OK.Vancouver+ does include a couple of photoreal areas, one of them being downtown and the other Pitt Meadows airport, and those will locally override the FScene ground textures.Cheers, Holger
Thank you so much Holger, problem solved using your advice :)