Sign in to follow this  
fisheye

Simobjects Subfolders

I would like to add a few new subfolders under the SimObjects folder and have FSX recognize them like the ones already listed. Is there a way to change a .cfg file so that the folders will be read. I tried adding a folder and moving a few aircraft inside but they didn't show up on the list inside the FSX aircraft selection menu. I would like to divide my aircraft into a few different folders like Military aircraft, Experimental Aircraft, and the like. Any suggestions on how to do this...Thanks, fisheye

You will want to add additional entries in the FSX.CFG file, under the Main section, look for lines like SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes and add new lines (with appropriate new numbers after the period).

I would like to add a few new subfolders under the SimObjects folder and have FSX recognize them like the ones already listed. Is there a way to change a .cfg file so that the folders will be read. I tried adding a folder and moving a few aircraft inside but they didn't show up on the list inside the FSX aircraft selection menu. I would like to divide my aircraft into a few different folders like Military aircraft, Experimental Aircraft, and the like. Any suggestions on how to do this...Thanks, fisheye
Humm...I thought I just posted a 'soulution' to this in these forums.Oh, well....here is my fsx.CFG "Main" section, showing the additional folders Ihave added to organize my addon aircraft:
[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats//SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\AircraftSimObjectPaths.6=M:\FSX AI AircraftSimObjectPaths.7=M:\FSX Military AISimObjectPaths.8=I:\FSX Military AircraftSimobjectPaths.9=I:\FSX A6 AircraftSimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\Propliner Aircraft

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

just curious. is this also possible in FS9? I wanted to put all my AI in a subfolder within the Aircraft folder.

just curious. is this also possible in FS9? I wanted to put all my AI in a subfolder within the Aircraft folder.
To the best of my recollection, the answer is NO... but since aircraft FOLDER NAMES are irrelevant, I just add "AI_", an underscore only, or "ZZ_" to the beginning of the current AI aircraft folder name to force them to display at the beginning or end of the list in Explorer so I can find them more easily.Loyd

No, I don't believe that is possible in FS9. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Humm...I thought I just posted a 'soulution' to this in these forums.Oh, well....here is my fsx.CFG "Main" section, showing the additional folders Ihave added to organize my addon aircraft:
[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats//SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\AircraftSimObjectPaths.6=M:\FSX AI AircraftSimObjectPaths.7=M:\FSX Military AISimObjectPaths.8=I:\FSX Military AircraftSimobjectPaths.9=I:\FSX A6 AircraftSimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\Propliner Aircraft

Paul

Thanks for the help, if I had known the answer was already here I wouldn't have asked but then again I am getting old and am about to be grounded. Thanks again...fisheye