Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Navdata For Flight1 Mustang

Any news as to how Flight1's Mustang NavData and Terminal Procedures (SIDs/STARs) will be updated?And if we are going to have to pay for a subscription to get them.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Any news as to how the Mustang's NavData will be updated?And if we are going to have to pay for a subscription to get it.
Currently the navdata has no sids or stars. I would like to see those in before they worry about updates.

Check the Mustang support forum.. there is active discussion on this.

Bert

Check the Mustang support forum.. there is active discussion on this.
Yes, I did , but it got moved.

Best Regards,

Yes, I did , but it got moved.
Last I saw before the post ended up in a locked-out users-only forum, was that the navdata included with the current release of their Mustang was incomplete, especially outside US, and needs to be fixed when their database guy gets back from vacation in a week or two.SID/STAR data is not included or planned, but they are looking at the possibility of adding it in the future. Same for navdata updates, Jim Rhoads said they have the ability to update the navdata, and would consider it in the future, but they've made no commitment to releasing regular updates or to using NaviGraph data.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Last I saw before the post ended up in a locked-out users-only forum, was that the navdata included with the current release of their Mustang was incomplete, especially outside US, and needs to be fixed when their database guy gets back from vacation in a week or two.SID/STAR data is not included or planned, but they are looking at the possibility of adding it in the future. Same for navdata updates, Jim Rhoads said they have the ability to update the navdata, and would consider it in the future, but they've made no commitment to releasing regular updates or to using NaviGraph data.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
Bob,Ok,Thanks for the follow up, much appreciated... also, I sent you a PM (message).

Best Regards,

Bob,Before you assume or possibly lead some one to assume anything... I have not committed to anything specifically until I work out what will serve the majority of users best.I have contacted Navigraph and have several other sources of information I am weighing out. So just because I am not committing to something publicly does not mean I am not busy looking at solutions and it does not mean that because you think one service is best, that it indeed is. It might be, but I need to look several solutions over carefully.What is important first and foremost is that we restore the approach and fix capabilities that were left out inadvertently. Then I can look at extended services.Jim

Bob,Before you assume or possibly lead some one to assume anything... I have not committed to anything specifically until I work out what will serve the majority of users best.I have contacted Navigraph and have several other sources of information I am weighing out. So just because I am not committing to something publicly does not mean I am not busy looking at solutions and it does not mean that because you think one service is best, that it indeed is. It might be, but I need to look several solutions over carefully.What is important first and foremost is that we restore the approach and fix capabilities that were left out inadvertently. Then I can look at extended services.Jim
Thanks Jim. I am looking forward to updates for this excellent VLJ. I am flying it from city to city in the U.S. and Canada so any help in navigation would be appreciated. I have a separate laptop connected via widefs and is networked to provide flight planning and navigation. Having near 100% G1000 functionality would be useful. Of course I don't expect 100%.

Jim; I have assumed nothing, nor have I implied anything about your intentions going forward. As I posted here in another thread, you gave me an honest answer to my question about regular navdata updates and SID/STAR data and you made no promises--I appreciate the candor. There are too many others out there promising things never delivered. My suggestion for the use of Navigraph data was just that--a suggestion. Certainly it's not the only way to skin the cat. I do hold it out to others who argue in forum discussions that affordable current navigation data requires prohibitively expensive updates from commercial suppliers like Jeppesen...that's obviously wrong, since so many other flight sim add-ons (including several Flight 1 products like the ATR and the Super-80) are already successfully using Navigraph databases. But if there are other affordable solutions out there, great. I'll be among those on the sidelines waiting to see what you come up with.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ah - glad to see there is discussion about the TPs. The terminal procedures are important to me so I hope to see them implemented in down the road. From what I understand I can manually input the waypoints of a TP so everything can still be flown, correct? I couldn't really find anything on the Mustang forum. I thought maybe it had been moved to the registered users area. The plane looks awesome and I hope to add it to my collection right after the holidays. It would be way too painful to have that sitting idle on a computer 300 miles away... I would want to come back home that much sooner.Thanks for keeping us informed, Jim.

Benjamin Van Eps