Sign in to follow this  
gclarkso

Fmc Or Atc?

Hi,When piloting jets, seems you would have to elect to use either the FMC for flight planning, or have ATC direct you to your destination. Are both ever used together? Seems with the default ATC vectoring you 20 degrees to the left, then back 40 degrees to the right (rather frequently), versus the FMC with a predefined flight path, it would be counter-intuitive to use both at the same time. Opinions?Thanks,Gordon Clarkson
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm getting the hang of using the FMC in conjunction with ATC. As real as it gets they say...

FS9 also allows you to request an approach and avoid all the sensless vectoring. Instead of replying to ATC you have the option of requesting a different approach. For example, if ATC begins vectoring to RWY 1L, request another approach, select the approach ILS 1L, if that is what you want, or another as there are usually several options, and choose the transition. If you've set up your FLPN correctly, ATC will instruct you to fly the approach as you have planned it in FS9 and what you have entered in the FMC.Now the issue I would like to see solved is getting ARPT info on the ATIS way before ATC begins approach instructions. Seems that they always begin talking at the same time. Jim D.

would like to know if FSX has these problems too??????Anybody with experience in FSX default ATC ???
There is absolutely no difference whatsoever... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

When I dont fly online, I always fly assisted by the Fs9 ATC. I didn

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

As I have recently discovered PFE, all is right in the world...With your valuable input, I am now enjoying IFR flights with their ATC, along with using the FMC when needed. Adhering to ATC instructions when flying the SID/AP, and utilizing the FMC mid-flight, it's priceless.Thanks again.