Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Need Your Opinion/advise: 1680 X 1050?

Another strategy is to pull the edges of the panel in a bit with the mouse, same for the scenery background.That leaves you with black stripes on both sides.Frankly, many panels look OK when stretched... even better,the VC does not care and simply offers up a bigger vista (no pun intended)..I love my LG 22" screen at 1680x1050 resolution !!

Bert

Hi,I have been a solid 2D panel guy in the past, but what I found really works for me on my 22" WS LCD is:1. Go to VC view.2. Change the zoom to 0.75 - this gives the same view out the window as a zoom of 1.0 on a 4:3 monitor.3. Move back to include more gauges in the forward view (I use the keyboard for this to get the right view, then change the eyepoint value in the aircraft.cfg file to set it in stone).Now I have a screen that usually includes as many gauges as the 2D panel, with perfectly round gauges and a nice wide view.Hope this helps,

Guest Nealoc187
I checked a few panels, but some have the panel background contained in the gauge file like the MD2006 and FT737.As far as I know, there no way to extend those panels or is there?Is there no one actually using these panels in 1680*1050?
I fly the MD2006 on a 22" widescreen at 1680x1050 and I haven't noticed any stretching of the panel. Maybe it is stretched but I just haven't noticed it because I've always done all my simming at this same resolution? Here's a screenshot.427c5a57.jpg

Guest hopper99

Nealoc187,definitely streched! :( I must say I am very particular about that. I have a 22" widescreen, too, and so far not found a solution that really satifies me. Including more gauges/sub-panels etc. on the right hand side may work with some panels, with others it doesn

Alternatively, revise the panel for use (by you only) with the appropriate software. I use FS Panel Studio and Photoshop Elements. Note this will only work with a panel .bmp separate from the .gau file.This is the PSS T7 modified to display at 1680X1050. Not perfect, but as close as I can get.Now that PSS is on the way back, perhaps they will provide wide screen versions of their great panels.Jim Harnes

Hi,Note that different resolutions should result in different zoom values.For example, my 22" uses 1920 x 1080 resolution (the sharpness is incredible!). 1080/1920 = 0.56525. A normal monitor is 4:3, so 3/4 is 0.75. 0.56525/0.75 = 0.75333. So a zoom of 0.75 will give me the same zoom factor as a zoom of 1.0 on a 4:3 monitor.But 1680 x 1050 is 1050/1680 = 0.625. And 0.625/0.75 = 0.8333. So people using this resolution should use a zoom of 0.83. You can set this in the panel.cfg file for the 2D panel. You can set this in the View menu, I believe, for the VC? Then save a flight.Hope this helps,

Guest hopper99

Thanks for mentioning that! Yes, zoom should be altered in the panels.cfg under the [Views]-section. If none is there, insert it. (I put mine on 0.85 which works fine for 1680x1050).[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.850Apart from your own panel alterations (I now started to modify the bitmaps (via Photoshop) - you can also add a whole new panel and position it on the right hand side and scale down the width of the main panel and sub-panels respectively, all this done in the panel.cfg) you will have to alter the side and rear views if in 2D mode and such views are provided as bitmaps. All of this is quite a bit of work but worth it really. Might post some examples later.