Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Anyone Using Fsdreamteam Products?

I have downloaded the Zurich and Geneva sceneries but have yet to install them. From what I read they have a timed free trial starting from the time you start FSX. I think I read somewhere that the free trail time was so quick that it doesn't really give you ample time to try it out. Then you have to exit FSX and start again if you want to try a different plane in the same area. So far I can pretty much fly into most major hubs in the US and Europe and not experience too much pain, but I would like to get some feed back before I proceed. I don't like to install then uninstall stuff into my FSX if I can avoid it. My FSX install with all it addons is in good working order and I don't like taking chances. :( Thanks in advance for your opinions on these products. My system specs are in my sig.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I see nobody has replied yet so I will quickly say that Geneva and Zurich are very good especially when it comes to framerates and when compared to the likes of some of the recent airport releases from Aerosoft for example framerates are pretty much always better than Aerosofts. I found that when installing the FSDT airports they messed up some of the entries in my dll.xml because they put in extra page breaks where there should be none in the full paths to some of the dll's in there, its easy to fix in notepad though.Removing the airport demos also fixes the dll.xml as they make a backup of the original before messing with it. You really should give the demos a try though, they last for about 5 minutes and there is nothing stopping you from exiting and restart FSX to view some more.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy for the input. Thats good to hear that the performance is pretty good. I have been afraid to try some of the Aerosoft airports like Frankfurt and the one in Paris due to how the performance must be. I may try Madrid but not sure yet. I guess I will give the demos a try and see. They have a pretty good deal now, if you buy Geneva then you get 70% off of Zurich.Thanks again.

They have a pretty good deal now, if you buy Geneva then you get 70% off of Zurich.
Yes they do and I took advantage of the very same offer. If you have the Switzerland Pro X photoscenery you will need to apply a fix to Geneva to remove the plateau around the airport, I created the fix (blended flatten) and it is available in the FSX Geneva support forum over at FSDreamteam. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1370.0Enjoy.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy for the input. Thats good to hear that the performance is pretty good. I have been afraid to try some of the Aerosoft airports like Frankfurt and the one in Paris due to how the performance must be. I may try Madrid but not sure yet. I guess I will give the demos a try and see. They have a pretty good deal now, if you buy Geneva then you get 70% off of Zurich.Thanks again.
Hi you should be ok you have a good cpu definitely give the demos a shot I only currently own there jfk which is one of there biggest airports besides Chicago. they are really talented guys and will help you out if you have a problem, and of course like Imaginesim they give you a demo to try out for about 5min which great, not everyone gives you a demo, which I think its cool.Defeitly the best sceneries out there! if you want, you can also use slew mode a few times and take a look around, but if you want to purchase it is a great time to do it since they have that special going on. if you want the discount make sure you directly to there site I bought mine threw paypal please don't forget to read a little bit on forum it tells you the proper way of getting the discount http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=12.0https://store2.esellerate.net/store/checkou...ultiCatalog.htm

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thanks guys, I guess I will give it a go tonight.