Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

Attitude Indicator Rotation

hi,I know nothing about xml. I would like to invert the rotation of the index (attitude arrow) of an attitude indicator in relation to the bank angle. I have this (extract):<Image Name="Attitude_BG.bmp" Luminous="Yes" ImageSizes="300,309,300,309"/> <Element> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <MaskImage Name="Attitude_Mask.bmp" Luminous="Yes" ImageSizes="300,309,300,309"> <Axis X="138" Y="137"/> </MaskImage> <Image Name="Attitude_Arrow.bmp" Luminous="Yes" ImageSizes="13,14,13,14"> <Axis X="6.5" Y="119"/> </Image> <Rotate> <Value> (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees,radians) (L:FailAttitude,bool) 1 == if{ 0 } </Value> </Rotate> </Element> <Element> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <MaskImage Name="Attitude_Mask.bmp" Luminous="Yes" ImageSizes="300,309,300,309"> <Axis X="138" Y="137"/> </MaskImage> <Image Name="Attitude_Needle.bmp" Luminous="Yes" ImageSizes="247,9,247,9"> <Axis X="123.5" Y="2.5"/> </Image> <Shift> <Value Minimum="-25" Maximum="25">(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/</Value> <Scale Y="2.5"/> </Shift> <Rotate> <Value>(A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, radians)</Value> </Rotate>How can I do that?Thank you

To invert any rotation, simply add /-/ to the end of the statement: <Value>(A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, radians) /-/</Value>

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

hi,Thank you for your reply. It works! I had tried to add the minus sign but without the slash...What I am trying to do is to turn an old attitude indicator into a new one as far as banking representation is concerned. With most attitude indicators the pointer is fixed and the bank scale rotates whereas with old one such as in the DC3, it is the opposite. When you are used to a design it is very confusing when you use the other design in IMC. You tend to make the wrong corrections. Now my old attitude indicator is similar to attitude indicators I am familiar with. No more spatial disorientations.Thanks again for helping me.

hi,Thank you for your reply. It works! I had tried to add the minus sign but without the slash...What I am trying to do is to turn an old attitude indicator into a new one as far as banking representation is concerned. With most attitude indicators the pointer is fixed and the bank scale rotates whereas with old one such as in the DC3, it is the opposite. When you are used to a design it is very confusing when you use the other design in IMC. You tend to make the wrong corrections. Now my old attitude indicator is similar to attitude indicators I am familiar with. No more spatial disorientations.Thanks again for helping me.
You are most welcome! Sometimes the seemingly hardest problems turn out to have the easiest solutions...In your specific case, you could have multiplied the result by "-1 *", but the advantage of the "/-/" is that it will "invert the value" by simply flipping a bit rather than actually performing an arithmetic operation......in other words, it is faster... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator