Sign in to follow this  
Guest evanxmcr

Landing At Courchevel France

Guest evanxmcr

ok so i hear of this increadibly difficult landing and takeoff in france. it is in the mountains and at a high elevation. on top of that the runway isnt flat its more of a flat slope flat slope kinda thing and loads of people crash. so i go on fsx in my beechcraft baron (the plain of the pilot i heard this from) and get to the airport and the single runway there is flat. any idea whats going on?

Guest jshyluk

A feature of FSX is that all runways and taxiways must be flat. Of course, that's not how it is in the real world. I hear that taxi at Sheremetyevo in Russia is like riding a roller coaster - maybe when I put some money together and am brave or desperate enough, I will try it for myself. It is possible to have a sloped runway, but it requires building specialized terrain, and AI aircraft won't use it convincingly.Even without sloped runways, there are some mountainous airports that require a lot of skill to use in FSX. CYCG (Castlegar) in British Columbia leaps to mind for me: it has no straight-in approach, the instrument landing procedure is one of the most difficult in North America, and the winds tend to push you into mountains. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

ok so i hear of this increadibly difficult landing and takeoff in france. it is in the mountains and at a high elevation. on top of that the runway isnt flat its more of a flat slope flat slope kinda thing and loads of people crash. so i go on fsx in my beechcraft baron (the plain of the pilot i heard this from) and get to the airport and the single runway there is flat. any idea whats going on?
evanxmcr, there is a very goog payware rendittion of Courchevel (as well as Meribel and Meg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Guest evanxmcr

thanks very much it looks awsome i just dont think im gonna pay 20 dollars for one airport. thanks for the link anywayz

here is a web site and a the name of a file (altiportes pack sp2) which may interest you. i have installed and tested it. it contzins courchevel as well as several other french altiportes. it appears to work very nicely in my fsx with sp2, utx, fs genesis mesh and a number of other add-ons. the web site also contains a number of other freeware french sceneries, many of which appear to have been tested with sp2.web site url http://www.vf-air.com/FSX2.htmFRANCEALTIPORTS pack SP2 des 4 altiports regroup

Guest evanxmcr

omg thats amazing *hugs* ur awosme :)

omg thats amazing *hugs* ur awosme :)
There is also a video on Youtube of a Baron pilot landing on it from the cockpit.

There is also a video on Youtube of a Baron pilot landing on it from the cockpit.
I like that video Geof.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888