Sign in to follow this  
wattos31

Captain Sim C-130 X-perience And Vista 64 Bit

Anyone been able to successfully run Captain Sim C-130 X-perience Pro Pack in FSX on a Vista 64 bit system?I can't get it to load. When I select the aircraft on the free flight screen, my system locks up and FSX becomes unresponsive. I have tried all the usual like:-Uninstall > Redownload > reinstall.Turn DX10 Preview off.UAC off.Defender off.Firewall off.virus software off.Install using XP compatibility.Haven't been able to get any help from Captain Sim support. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi there!I'm sorry to hear about your problems.I'm running it on Vista 64 SP1 (FSX SP2) without any problems, on a 6700E@3.3GHZ, 4 Gig mem and a 8800GTX at stockspeed. The only problem I had in the past was sound related, but that was fixed when a new driver from Creative was released. I run in DX9 mode btw, but don't have any problems running in DX10 mode either.I hardly have any suggestions for you either what could cause it, I assume that you did all updates to Vista and FSX already. Have you overclocked? If you did, is it stable and not overheating? If you overclocked, have you tried to run it without overclock? Are you mem speed and timings correct (i can run mine anywhere from 667-1150 MHZ)? How much mem have you installed? If you have 4 Gig mem, did you try with 2 Gig? Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo installed? How about the latest Chipset drivers? Are you sure that you installed the latest drivers for your sound and videocard?Ahh, it's just a few suggestions as to where you could look at, I'm quite sure you know all that... I can only hope for you that you can get it to run, it's a great plane! Good luck!Gert

Anyone been able to successfully run Captain Sim C-130 X-perience Pro Pack in FSX on a Vista 64 bit system?I can't get it to load. When I select the aircraft on the free flight screen, my system locks up and FSX becomes unresponsive. I have tried all the usual like:-Uninstall > Redownload > reinstall.Turn DX10 Preview off.UAC off.Defender off.Firewall off.virus software off.Install using XP compatibility.Haven't been able to get any help from Captain Sim support. Anyone got any ideas?
Try loading a default turboprop at the freeflight menu, and then switch to the C-130.Do you have FSX set up to run as Administrator?RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I'm running it on Vista 64 SP1 (FSX SP2) without any problems
Thanks for your response Gert. That's good. If you're running on a 64 bit system, the problem mustn't be a 64 bit issue but something peculiar to my system, and hopefully findable and fixable.
I hardly have any suggestions for you either what could cause it, I assume that you did all updates to Vista and FSX already. Have you overclocked? If you did, is it stable and not overheating? If you overclocked, have you tried to run it without overclock? Are you mem speed and timings correct (i can run mine anywhere from 667-1150 MHZ)? How much mem have you installed? If you have 4 Gig mem, did you try with 2 Gig? Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo installed? How about the latest Chipset drivers? Are you sure that you installed the latest drivers for your sound and videocard?
Have now checked all these but it still won't load.
Try loading a default turboprop at the freeflight menu, and then switch to the C-130. Do you have FSX set up to run as Administrator?
Thanks for your response Bob.Tried both of these, and still no joy.RegardsGraham

Are you running a Soundblaster card? I had the exact same problem and was told to upgrade my drivers (CaptainSim Knowledgebase QID 674). Unfortunately this does not work in all cases, so CaptainSim support said to delete the Captain_Sim.c130.sound.gau (recommend renaming to Captain_Sim.c130.sound.gau.bak) in the gauges directory. This cleared up the problem, but now there are no custom cockpit sounds (clicks, etc.)

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Also if you haven't already, make sure your hard drive on which you have FSX installed is "healthy" as MS calls it---Right Click on MY Computer, Select Manage, Disk Management in the tree pane of the sys administrator applet.I have seen the same with software installed to a weakening hard drive. Its a long shot though, because I've only had that happen to me twice in 16 years and dozens of systems.That sound gauge suggestion may be a good one. One way to check would be to temporarily move that .gau file to a different folder (like c:\temp) and see if the aircraft loads then.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Are you running a Soundblaster card? I had the exact same problem and was told to upgrade my drivers (CaptainSim Knowledgebase QID 674). Unfortunately this does not work in all cases, so CaptainSim support said to delete the Captain_Sim.c130.sound.gau (recommend renaming to Captain_Sim.c130.sound.gau.bak) in the gauges directory. This cleared up the problem, but now there are no custom cockpit sounds (clicks, etc.)
That fixed it. Much appreciated Kyle. I don't have a Soundblaster card though. The first time I loaded the aircraft there was a high pitched, loud, continuous noise in the cockpit, but the next time I loaded it, everything was OK, so I'm happy. Thanks for your response also, Mace

Guest ziporama
That fixed it. Much appreciated Kyle. I don't have a Soundblaster card though. The first time I loaded the aircraft there was a high pitched, loud, continuous noise in the cockpit, but the next time I loaded it, everything was OK, so I'm happy. Thanks for your response also, Mace
I had the same issue at the time I was writing my review article for the C-130 and my system does not have a Soundblaster card installed (I have a RealTek 7:1 soundchip built-in my Gigabyte motherboard). I believe this has to do with a sound library API called OpenAL from Creative Labs (SoundBlaster) that the C130 gauge uses to play sounds for the cockpit switches. This API or its use (unknown) is incompatible with my operating system (Vista 64) and hardware and updating my drivers didn't fix the issue either. You may want to try to re-install the latest version of OpenAL to see if this changes anything - the software has not been updated recently as far as I know: http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Dow...s/AllItems.aspx. I am not aware of a new release of this gauge either that fixes the issue, a shame as this is an otherwise very exciting aircraft.Etienne MartinAVSIM Staff Reviewer