Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Crashing over France

Ladies and Gentlmen,When flying over France, the weather always goes wack and my planes either accelerate by 100kts within a second or dcelerate by the same amount. I've noticed this for a long time, but I've never crashed multiple times in a row because of it. Must be some FS weather bug. Please let me know if you are aware of a remedy!Thanks,SP

Hey...everything else is "wack" with the French, so why not flight simulator weather?If I didn't know better, I might even think that it was a deliberate act!gwillmot

Hi Steffen,if you use the built-in 'real weather' function in FS, you'll find that there's no weather in France - i.e. always 15 degrees, 1013QNH, no winds, no clouds etc. So, if you're coming from an area with weather, you'll see a very sudden change, e.g. the winds drop to zero, massive pressure changes etc. Also, the entire world outside North America has unlimited visibility at all times. Unless you want to restrict your flying to North America (where there's a chance of FS giving you real weather, albeit a week old sometimes), I would suggest you try one of the weather programs out there. There's a freeware version of ActiveSky available here at the library, which will make your flying experience in Europe much more enjoyable.Cheers,Gosta. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

www.weather-maker.com is where you can get Weather Maker 1.4 which is a full and complete freeware weather generator.