Hello, I have just purchased the following specs for a new rig:Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550Motherboard: MSI P45 ZilentGraphics Card: VGA-MSI N9800GX2-M2D1GMemory 4x 2GB DDR2 upgrading to 16GBPSU-HEC 750 Watts Power supplyMy question is this: I don't really know a lot about hardware but I hope I will be able to run my PMDG 747 with a lot of programmes running at the same time: Activesky, Ultimate Terrain etc seemlessly. I would like to ask if anyone out there has a similar rig as mine and if so, can they recommend any tweaks etc?I have yet to put this rig together as I am waiting on a case.Thank you for your timePaul

Hi PaulFSX is a 32bit app so it is hard limited to 4GB of memory. More than 4GB RAM will do nothing for FSX performance and unless you are a professional creative there is no sense at all in upgrading past the 8GB you already have. In fact your 8GB of RAM will very likely make overclocking that quad core more difficult than it would otherwise be.Most addons do NOT run alongside FSX. UTX, GEX, FSX etc all update the default FSX textures and then FSX does all the work when it comes to displaying them. There is no need to have any of these addons actually running together with FSX. With ActiveSky I am not sure...Unless you are running a 30" screen with lots of AA a dual gpu configuration will not benefit FSX in any meaningful when compared to a single gpu. What this means is that a 9800GTX will be just as quick in FSX as the 9800GX2 - if not quicker due to the 9800GTX's overall higher clock/shader/memory speeds.With all these addons you will need to be ready to turn down a few sliders. That's for sure!

Konrad

Hi Sharrow, Thank you for your reply to my post. It is nnot the news I was hoping for though and 'turning sliders down' gee! Is there no way to run FSX properly? Or am I just asking too much?So disappointed to hear you comments! What if I put most of my add-ons like Active-sky, Active Pax, Vatsim and others on a different PC via a network? Would this help?RegardsPaul