Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

Thomas Kwong's Kai Tak Airport 2000 version 3 scenery

I found this file on avsim, and it looks simply incredible. Apparently version 3 is compatible with FS2002, but I cannot seem to install it correctly.Can anyone help?

I had no problem with installation and the secenry looks awesome. But you better have a top notch computer to run it - I haven't seen any worse performing scenery. On my P3-700 it is unusable.Michael J.

Its ok guys, i've installed, had to do it manually and tinker around a bit.I still get an error message evry time fs2002 starts, but the scenery works fine.There is one prob though.... at night, the lights around the lamps shimmer. I'm not talking about runway lights but the tall streelight like lights on the taxiways??Did you have any probs like that?

Guest Neil

Anyone kind enough to direct me to this file, I can't seem to find it?Regards,

Guest Rockcliffe

Yeah. As if landing at Kai Tak wasn't hard enough without trying to do it at 3 fps! :-lol

Guest frankcubillos

Mark have you heard of Thomas is updating his scenery? I remember a while back he was working on it. Sorry to bother you but you are THE man when it comes to Kai Tak :-)Cheers amigo! :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Frank, you've got your answer, I think!Thomas, hi. Another CLK? I thought you'd already done that one, LOL? Anyway, it's all good stuff and we look forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve for the new version.But nothing on Kai Tak yet? I've been telling everyone how hard you're working on the FS2002 Kai Tak (or should that be FS2004 now?) You wouldn't believe how much interest there remains in that wonderful old airport (or maybe you would, you read the forums ...). In any case, I sincerely hope you'll give it another crack before long. Your FS2000 work is still streets ahead of the commercial competition ... but we need that new frame-rate friendly version!So hurry up, Thomas my friend, before Cathay goes the same way as Kai Tak! Things are certainly pretty grim in Hong Kong right now.Good to hear from you, anyway.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest frankcubillos

Wow Mark that was some pull to get Thomas to answer it :-lolThomas, thanks for your Kai Tak! I am still enjoying it after all these years. Although no longer there it's very alive in the FS world. If you ever get bored a little updating would be a very cool thing amigo :-wave. Keep up the great work, I for one love it! :-beerchug---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Guest Thomas K

Greetings to you all,Well it's certainly nice to see there is still so much interest in a scenery that was released 3 years ago! Haven't been doing much on Kai Tak, but I have been working on the new airport which I hope to finish and release by the end of the month.