Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Motherboars Replacement Question

Hi all-I'm replacing my ASUS M2N-32 mobo this weekend with one that's similar. I'm running an AMD 6400 processor with Vista32 Business and use this machine almost exclusively to fly FSX (runs really well BTW). Will there be a problem if I plug all existing drives (3), memory (4GB) etc. into the new board and fire it up? I'll be switching the existing processor as well.Thanks,Mark

Hi all-I'm replacing my ASUS M2N-32 mobo this weekend with one that's similar. I'm running an AMD 6400 processor with Vista32 Business and use this machine almost exclusively to fly FSX (runs really well BTW). Will there be a problem if I plug all existing drives (3), memory (4GB) etc. into the new board and fire it up? I'll be switching the existing processor as well.Thanks,Mark
Yes there will be, As long as the board sees the drives in correct order, programes shoild work ok, if it has differnt chipset you will have to install the new drivers, it will take time may even crash now and then but ive done it and it works ok Then you wil have to remove your old drivers there is a little trick for that if you are game.

I would do a fresh os/driver install otherwise you could have issues. As long as your new hardware is compatible with the old (or vice versa :( ) - you then should be good to go. Hope it helps and happy holidays.

Regards, Kendall

Guest djt01
A

Hi, Mark.Before you take the plunge, make sure your existing OS, will be useful in a new configuration. Typically Dell has a BIOS related OS, new Mobo / new Bios OS may not work. Let us know how it works out? TV

Guest djt01
I'm replacing my ASUS M2N-32 mobo this weekend with one that's similar. I'm running an AMD 6400 processor with Vista32 Business and use this machine almost exclusively to fly FSX (runs really well BTW). Will there be a problem if I plug all existing drives (3), memory (4GB) etc. into the new board and fire it up? I'll be switching the existing processor as well.
Before you take the plunge, make sure your existing OS, will be useful in a new configuration. Typically Dell has a BIOS related OS, new Mobo / new Bios OS may not work. Let us know how it works out? TV
Who said anything about this being a Dell? Did I miss something?