Sign in to follow this  

Dear friends,I have always been getting an Exception received: 14 error.I tried different configurations and finally I discovered that only with my default airport LGAV this happens.I do not know why.Is there any way to eliminate this?Thanks in advance.FSX Sp2,Windows Vista 32 Bit

I would be greatful if someone started the FSX with the LGAV loaded.I am very curious if he would have an Exception Received:14 error.

I would be greatful if someone started the FSX with the LGAV loaded.I am very curious if he would have an Exception Received:14 error.
Hi, are you using virtual station options in ASX? If so, does the problem go away when you disable these options?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Yes, no more exception received message when I disabled virtual stations.But please explain to me.What is thia option doing,and what do I lose by disabling it?

Yes, no more exception received message when I disabled virtual stations.But please explain to me.What is thia option doing,and what do I lose by disabling it?
Well most likely ASX is attempting to write to the wx station in that area (LGAV) before it has been generated. It may be a normal situation as long as it goes away eventually. Can you confirm you are on the latest SP for ASX? We have just posted public SP4 build.Best,

Damian Clark

With SP4 and virtual stations enabled again, I get an exception received:7 and then 2 exception received:14 messages.

Now I receive constantly an Exception received: 7 message when FSX starts before I even go to my default airport either if I have checked virtual station setting or not.If you can thing of something more helpful I would appreciate that.Perhaps I will have to uninstall SP4 and live without virtual stations creation.

Now I receive constantly an Exception received: 7 message when FSX starts before I even go to my default airport either if I have checked virtual station setting or not.If you can thing of something more helpful I would appreciate that.Perhaps I will have to uninstall SP4 and live without virtual stations creation.
Hello,That's fixed in SP4 officially release B1169 (www.hifisim.com/support.php). Please download the update when able.As to the exception 14, we ran some tests and are unable to duplicate this. We've tried on quite a wide range of setups. One thing to note however is than this is a passive exception that should not affect your weather significantly, and it can come up in some normal circumstances. As to why it happens all the time at LGAV for you, we suspect a problem with your databases which unfortunately may mean a re-install of ASX.Best,

Damian Clark

Sorry, but you did not understand.Exception received: 7 message appeared after I installed SP4.So I will have to uninstall SP4 in order to return to y previous situation:that is no error messages even with LGAV when I disable virtual stations setting.As for the database error I have to say that I have already reinstalled ASX several times with no success as far as LGAV is concerned.Anyway, thanks a lot for your valuable help.

Sorry, but you did not understand.Exception received: 7 message appeared after I installed SP4.So I will have to uninstall SP4 in order to return to y previous situation:that is no error messages even with LGAV when I disable virtual stations setting.As for the database error I have to say that I have already reinstalled ASX several times with no success as far as LGAV is concerned.Anyway, thanks a lot for your valuable help.
B1169 is the one you want. SP4 was in public beta and had some updates, even today. We officially released at B1169 so please install this on top of your existing to get rid of the error7.Please contact our support department (www.hifisim.com/support.php), we can assist you directly with this exception 14, we may need some of your files, etc. to take a deeper look. Thanks!

Damian Clark