Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doug Moldenhauer

Real Weather

Guest Doug Moldenhauer

I was wondering if the Real Time Weather service is currently not working for anyone else? I created a Flight plan that leaves rochester ny and the weather says winds are like 2knots and temperature 57degrees. I'm pretty confident that isn't right as I was just out snow blowing about 10" of snow off my driveway with winds around 30 Knots and heavy snowfall.

It may be possible that when you checked, those stations were unavailable/offline due to bad weather, and the data was interpolated from another source with the different conditions.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Doug Moldenhauer
It may be possible that when you checked, those stations were unavailable/offline due to bad weather, and the data was interpolated from another source with the different conditions.Best,
Thanks for the reply.....I'm not seeing the "downloading weather" dialog that I normaly see either. I dunno whats happening. Well anyway I downloaded FSMETAR and it seems to run fine with FSX. I used to use this in the 2002 and 2004 days.I'll have to check later tomorrow and see if my weather is back up.

I was wondering if the Real Time Weather service is currently not working for anyone else? I created a Flight plan that leaves rochester ny and the weather says winds are like 2knots and temperature 57degrees. I'm pretty confident that isn't right as I was just out snow blowing about 10" of snow off my driveway with winds around 30 Knots and heavy snowfall.
Ping the server address and see if you get a response. fs2k.zone.com

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest MOC
I did the same thing, took off from Syracuse, flying to Rochester with current date and time.. came up with 57deg F and a light wind from the west... I look out the window, its about 22 deg F and snowing about 1.5"/hour with 15k winds gusting up to 25... odd...Then, my PC crashed, so I did't get much further. But thats a post for another thread...

Guest Doug Moldenhauer
Ping the server address and see if you get a response. fs2k.zone.com
yep, I get a ping....In fact I can goto that website just for a check and pull it up without a problem. I know I cant get any useful info from that website directly via a webpage, but I can connect.I'm not complaining about the reality of the weather min to min, I'm just trying to see if its working for anyone else. I did try other areas like Ohare and Buffalo as they are getting a storm like we are, but still no data. Perhaps the jeppesen site is having trouble sending data to fs2k.zone.com ?Anyway thanks for the reponces.

Guest Doug Moldenhauer

Weather is working today.....must have been a server issue.