Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Asa And Asg Together Questions

I may have this wrong but as I understand it, AS6.5 and ASG are intertwinded with each other. You input your route, process it and then ASG inserts the correct textures automatically. All done very seamlessly and very well. Now, with ASA coming and I have read the FAQ that says this is a stand-alone app and that you use whatever graphics package you want with it. Here is my question. How are users with AS 6.5 and ASG going to be able to delete AS6.5 while still keeping ASG in order to run ASA? Secondly, Are we now going to have to look at the wx ASA produces and go in manually to ASG and hunt and peck for the right graphics to load up? I hope not because how it is done now is very quick, yet very good. To do ASG manually will be a royal pain in the you know what each time you want to fly. Thanks

Eric 

Hi there,You won't have to uninstall ASG (or ASv6 for that matter), so you can continue to use those graphics.The process of creating snapshots and assigning them a wx-influenced category is very simple and quick. The process of setting up your graphics environment pre-snapshot can also be very quick. You can even use your exising ASv6/ASG combination to do this for you, having it install wx-influenced themes for different weather, then taking snapshots and assigning them your desired category.We realize that in some aspects the graphics snapshot system will take a little more work to get setup, but it also gives you much greater flexibility. If you're only using one graphic add-on (such as ASG) it may seem like more work to accomplish basically the same thing, but as soon as you add more add-ons (and/or start using FSX, or perhaps FSNext), we hope you'll agree this is the best solution to manage them all cooperatively and let them be used with ASA wx-influenced ability.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi there,You won't have to uninstall ASG (or ASv6 for that matter), so you can continue to use those graphics.The process of creating snapshots and assigning them a wx-influenced category is very simple and quick. The process of setting up your graphics environment pre-snapshot can also be very quick. You can even use your exising ASv6/ASG combination to do this for you, having it install wx-influenced themes for different weather, then taking snapshots and assigning them your desired category.We realize that in some aspects the graphics snapshot system will take a little more work to get setup, but it also gives you much greater flexibility. If you're only using one graphic add-on (such as ASG) it may seem like more work to accomplish basically the same thing, but as soon as you add more add-ons (and/or start using FSX, or perhaps FSNext), we hope you'll agree this is the best solution to manage them all cooperatively and let them be used with ASA wx-influenced ability.Best,
The problem (I know its my problem, not yours) is that I don't want to have to go d/l a whole bunch of other graphic addons. I am not keen of filling up on a bunch of graphic addon packages when 1 package is working just fine right now. The problem I see is now I have to look at all the wx data and go and come up with a "snapshot" wx theme when now ASG is doing it for me based on wx data. Having to create all these categorys manually and then having to select manually the best one before each flight is to me a step backward. I see your point but I hope you see mine. Thanks for the info but I think the AS6.5/ASG combo works great as it stands now. I guess I will be passing on this ASA product.

Eric 

The problem (I know its my problem, not yours) is that I don't want to have to go d/l a whole bunch of other graphic addons. I am not keen of filling up on a bunch of graphic addon packages when 1 package is working just fine right now. The problem I see is now I have to look at all the wx data and go and come up with a "snapshot" wx theme when now ASG is doing it for me based on wx data. Having to create all these categorys manually and then having to select manually the best one before each flight is to me a step backward. I see your point but I hope you see mine. Thanks for the info but I think the AS6.5/ASG combo works great as it stands now. I guess I will be passing on this ASA product.
Hi again,Yes the ASv6.5/ASG setup is quite a combo for FS9. We think ASA and ASG is even better though! Either way, enjoy and we look forward to bringing you over to ASA eventually! Don't forget, we log and take a serious look at all suggestions to tell-us@hifisim.com.Thanks!

Damian Clark

Just an update..We've managed to include a new feature that will completely automate the process, properly assign wx-influence, provide similar variation, and offer all the benefits of the snapshot system at the same time. This will work with both ASG and XG.More details on this soon. Thanks again for the feedback.Best,

Damian Clark

Here is some preliminary information on this new functionality:ENHANCED GRAPHICS INTEGRATION WITH XG and ASG:ASA includes a new Graphics Snapshot system to manage your graphics states, which automatically integrates things together with any graphics add-on or combination of add-ons. To use this system, you must

Damian Clark

Here is some preliminary information on this new functionality:ENHANCED GRAPHICS INTEGRATION WITH XG and ASG:ASA includes a new Graphics Snapshot system to manage your graphics states, which automatically integrates things together with any graphics add-on or combination of add-ons. To use this system, you must

Suppose one more here who is happy not to have 'jumped the train' too fast! :( Using AS65/ASG (on fs2004) for years and years already, and am perfectly happy with the way it works: kind of like "fire and forget". Ever since the first time reading about ASA and the word "snapshot" got a bit suspicious and decided to wait and see...Situation is clear now. This added functionality can (finally) do the thing for us. Good, because as the others in this thread i really do not see myself spending hours on end taking snapshots, suppose only to find out in the end that just this one situation which happens to be needed is unfortunately missing. Question though: it is mentioned earlier that "...You must have XG or ASG installed on the machine you have ASA installed on." Now, what if i want to run ASA via WideFS/SimConnect?? Installing XG or ASG on my WideFS machine obviously makes little sence, the way i see it.Or did i miss the point here??Many thanks for clearing this up for me.Happy holidays,Stef------Editted... Sorry guys, just found the answer to my question already in the XG manual. Promise to read the respective manuals first next time-round (shame on me...)Stef

My problem is similar and perhaps more. I need to integrate with the ASA Ground Environment Professional, which in turn triggers the ASv6.5 instead of ASA. I would like a suggestion, you may withdraw ASv6.5? gratefulBaptista

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My problem is similar and perhaps more. I need to integrate with the ASA Ground Environment Professional, which in turn triggers the ASv6.5 instead of ASA. I would like a suggestion, you may withdraw ASv6.5? gratefulBaptista
Hi,GEPro's launch buttons will actually fire ASv6, since this program wasn't aware of ASA when it was released. We've provided backwards compatibility when used from ASA, and this compatibility will trigger when GEPro is detected on the machine ASA is installed on. You'll see new "Install GEPro Textures" buttons in your reports and briefing screen, and when you load a flightplan, if you choose to load a snapshot, you'll also be asked if you want to automatically load GE Pro textures. Any of these functions will launch GEPro accordingly and allow it to install the appropriate wx-influenced ground textures.FWIW this GEPro integration is separate from the snapshot system, it does not need to be used together with it.Best,

Damian Clark

Hi,GEPro's launch buttons will actually fire ASv6, since this program wasn't aware of ASA when it was released. We've provided backwards compatibility when used from ASA, and this compatibility will trigger when GEPro is detected on the machine ASA is installed on. You'll see new "Install GEPro Textures" buttons in your reports and briefing screen, and when you load a flightplan, if you choose to load a snapshot, you'll also be asked if you want to automatically load GE Pro textures. Any of these functions will launch GEPro accordingly and allow it to install the appropriate wx-influenced ground textures.FWIW this GEPro integration is separate from the snapshot system, it does not need to be used together with it.Best,
Sure, now beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I followed his statement. I would like to take advantage of all resources of the ASA and the GEPro together. Grateful for the help. :(

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg